Sign Artist

Load custom images to signs from a remote URL

Total Downloads: 39,175 - First Release: Apr 29, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 19, 2018

4.88966/5, 145 likes
  1. still dosnt work.... still message
    "you don't have the permission to use this command"

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That isn't the permission anymore, and don't use the group add command, the admin group already exists
    See the Overview for the correct instructions and permissions to use http://oxidemod.org/plugins/sign-artist.992/.

3. Love this plugin!!! I built a Lodge in a no kill zone for first timers. Added a trade store as well for excess BP's. I had a big empty spot so I decided to build a shrine to the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Next up, we're adding an NPC to be our annoying FSM Envangelist for visitors. Gotta get those converts! I'll be adding some scripture as well.

Can you post the picture dimensions on the main page? That will really help, I'll optimize the size before loading into the game.

Here's the shrine!

[​IMG]

4. On a lot of images I try to use, it fails to upload them! Is there anyway I can bypass the error? I'd really appreciate it.

5. Hello !!! I can not upload a picture how to do it properly, you can explain it? I need to immediately fix or where to download them

Moderator edit: Please use English when posting.

6. Hello and thank you very much for this plugin!

Is there any way to increase the viewing distance of it? It seems to be loading only when we are like 50m from it.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Viewing distance is handled by the client and graphic settings only as far as I know.

8. All I did was moving plugin into ftp plugin. went to console activated it with oxid.load SignArtist. Everything worked so far.
    Tried oxid.grant group admin sil_url + other 3 permissions.

Returned:

" Unable to load permission files! Permissions will not work until the error has been resolved.
    => Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: C. Path '76**********. Perms', line 4, position 15."

Im set as admin in my user.cfg as:
    Code:
    {
      "SteamID": {
        "LastSeenNickname": "Name",
        "Perms": [
        "sil_url"
        "sil_storage"
        "sil_owner"
        "sil_cd"
        ],
        "Groups": [
          "admin"
        ]
      }
    }everything works fine with other plugins.my group.cfg looks like:{
      "admin": {
        "Title": "admin",
        "Rank": 0,
        "Perms": [
        "sil_url"
        "sil_storage"
        "sil_owner"
        "sil_cd"
        "CanUseGodmode"
        ]
      },
      "moderator": {
        "Title": "moderator",
        "Rank": 1,
        "Perms": []
      },
      "player": {
        "Title": "player",
        "Rank": 2,
        "Perms": []
      }
    }
    what is the problem guys?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  9. please tell me the command for all players ?

10. Thanks, I have changed the graphics settings and the distance stayed the same. I think its really an engine limitation/setting. :(

11. "oxide.grant group player sil_url" etc. @Anonimus 2

12. Are .gifs able to work in the future ?

13. Awesome plugin, appreciate your work.

Problem: when i try to load an image to a sign, i get no in-game acknowledgement, and the image does not appear.

I have permissions, and the /sil command is there.

Usage is something like

/sil http://www.mydomain.com/rust/rust.png

Here's my error log:
    Code:
    8:17 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'sil' on plugin 'Sign Artist' (NullReferenceException: )
    8:17 PM [Debug]  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
      at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (IEnumerator routine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.SignArtist+UnityWeb.Next () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.SignArtist+UnityWeb.Add (System.String url, .BasePlayer player, .Signage s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.SignArtist.sil (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Thank you!

EDIT: Just tried again. This time, it says picture is queued, but it never loads. No error in the log, and nothing saying it loaded either.

14. Stopped working for me, was fine yesterday, now getting you dont have permisson to use that command. created group and re-added myself etc, no luck, still getting the same.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you check your logs for errors?

16. Only error thing in the logs to do with signs is this, whatever it means

"SignArtist.cs(184,14): warning CS0114: `Oxide.Plugins.SignArtist.LoadDefaultConfig()' hides inherited member `Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.LoadDefaultConfig()'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword"

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please upload your latest Oxide log from oxide/logs, along with your oxide.group.permissions.json and oxide.user.permissions.json from oxide/data.

18. oxide.users.json
    Code:
    "76561197970440205": {
      "LastSeenNickname": "Puggy",
      "Perms": [],
      "Groups": [
      "admin",
      "signs",
    oxide.groups.json
    Code:
      "signs": {
      "Title": "",
      "Rank": 0,
      "Perms": [],
      "ParentGroup": null
      },

Attached Files:

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't have the permission assigned anywhere. Use "oxide.grant group signs sil_url" or "oxide.grant group admin sil_url" in your console.