Sign Artist

Load custom images to signs from a remote URL

Total Downloads: 39,175 - First Release: Apr 29, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 19, 2018

4.88966/5, 145 likes
  1. cheers, i know where i was going wrong now.

oxide.grant group admin sil_url

i was putting it in as

oxide.grant signs admin sil_url

Thanks for the quick help, much appreciated

2. Hey love the plugin though i JUST had a HUGE problem with it. Okay so it was working great all day yesterday and day before, but around 2am this morning someone uploaded a image or something (i wasnt on at the time) and it completely rendered the lower right half of my map un-useable. i mean if you went to it you game immediately crashed and you could no longer log into the server without it crashing because your body was in that area. it would crash out the entire game. So until it is fixed or something ill be holding off on this plugin. Please look into it because i do love this plugin. thank you

3. Tried again today. Different sized signs, draw distances, sizes of images, .jpg vs. .png.... When executing the command, no in -game error or acknowledgement, not even the queue message. Error log shows:
    Code:
    9:07 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'sil' on plugin 'Sign Artist' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    9:07 AM [Debug]  at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.GetUserData (System.String userid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.UserHasPermission (System.String userid, System.String perm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.SignArtist.HasPerm (.BasePlayer p, System.String pe) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.SignArtist.sil (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I read that at least two others have reported the same problem, and that Bombardier is aware of it, calling it a rare occurance. If I have time later, I'm going to remove all of the other plugins and see if it's some sort of conflict.

Can't think of anything else to do.

EDIT: Removed all other plugins. Same thing. Going to take this one off for now, really really hope it gets an update.

Paytron, that error sounds disturbing... Please let us know if you find a fix or workaround.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  4. I have my photo i wish to put on my sign in my storage file in png file named as 3.png and i type /sil storage 3
    in game and this pops up image loading fail! Error: Could not resolve host: server; No data record of requested type.
    any help please ive been stuck for like 2-3 days now! would help out alot!

Also how to give permisions for /sil s 3
    i have perm for /sil /sil storage but not /sil s

5. Hello all, I have been trying to help the Admins get this fantastic plugin working but we are having problems.

Yes the correct permissions have been issued and i can load a picture from the server. However when i try to load a pictue from url i get "your picture was added to load queue" and thats it. The admin i have been helping also get the same message.

Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong?

6. Yeah I had to completely remove the plugin as well as go to storage/png and delete all of the files found in it that players have uploaded to cLear the corruption to allow players (and myself) to be a le to log into the server and access that side of thE map. It was definitely scary because I just wiped 3 days ago and thought I had to do it again. Fun plugin though. But im weary of what some users can upload that could render the Corrupt and crash the entire rust.exe

7. Mezrene said: .... signs queued but not showing up.

That sounds like what I am experiencing. Can you please upload the part of your log that shows the Sign Artist output? Maybe that will help narrow down the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  8. I'm not sure I still have the log. I'm currently on my mobile as well I don't have access to it. I'll be able to look around 7pm when I'm off of work. But yeah the response I got from players was that some one was uploading a image to a sign and it then immediately crashed the surrounding around load distance. So it seems like a file format problem. I wouldn't imagine size would have anything to do with this.

9. I'm sorry Partron, my quote of Mez. post did not show up. I was addressing him.

However -- Yeah, that\s a scary kind of problem. But I'm glad you found a solution! It would be interesting to know which image caused it and why. You don't have a backup that you can list images by date order?

10. oh its fine! And yeah I might I'll check that :D

11. Appologies NoThreat but im only a player so do not have access to the logs. As soon as an admin is online i will ask for them or get them to post here.

12. when i try to use /sil it says no premission

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you give yourself the permission for it?

14. how i can remove the permission?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide.revoke user/group username/groupname permissionname

Ex. oxide.revoke user "Finn 2" sil_url

16. I'm having an issue.

I can upload the image from the server, no problem. That works fantastically.

However,

Trying to use the url actually boots me out of the game. I've added all the correct permissions, added myself as an admin, etc.

But whenever I try from a URL it takes about 2 minutes before I become unresponsive. As soon as I type the command, /sil urlhere I'm unable to do anything, chat, open doors, interact with things etc.

Any help would be much appreciated, the server is currently hosted on Streamline, they've accepted all plugins and work quite well up until now.

- Quo

17. I need help with this mod... ever since they done this last update I keep getting "there is no file by that name"
    even though its in the png folder

18. Permissions:
    • sil_url -- To use /sil <URL>
    • sil_storage -- To use /sil s <num>
    • sil_owner -- To ignore owner check
    • sil_cd -- To ignore cooldown check
    You must set yourself these permission by following the examples.

19. Thank you. I've figured it out.