Sign Artist

Load custom images to signs from a remote URL

Total Downloads: 39,172 - First Release: Apr 29, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 19, 2018

4.88966/5, 145 likes
  1. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
  2. some of my signs still turns empty after restart server? I saw that there will be a "fix" to oxide to handle this? Did i miss an update or something?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1520020890][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sometime's in godmode or with noclip on, it does not catch the sign, turn both off, this works with me , but then again, also not always.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They aren't empty, your client just isn't loading them because of how Rust handles them. We added a "fix" in Oxide that worked around some of the issues with how Rust was handling sign images, but Facepunch would need to fix the rest.

The issues:
    • Rust is/was storing and reading images the wrong way, which caused them not to show/be sent to the client
    • Rust is/was only allowing unique images to be stored, otherwise it changes which sign is using that image the next time it is used
    So without a client update to properly fix these issues, it will continue to be an issue. There are potentially ways to resolve some of it via the plugin, but it would involve things such as modifying each image to make it slightly different and therefore save as a unique image. The image loading on the client isn't something we can fix though.

4. Thanks Wulf ;)

5. Sorry about that.
    It ended up being one pluging with a typo messing up everything else after that but I have things sorted now.
    Thanks for quick reply tho!

6. I'm not sure why, but pictures that are put onto banners and large wooden signs in particular seem to come super blurry. If i use the same image on a XL picture frame or an XXL Picture Frame, the image is nice and clear. Any ideas on why this would happen?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Images are resized if they are not the exact size that Rust uses for each sign.

8. The width and height required for a wooden sign and banners are much smaller than picture frames, resulting in it being resized more and in more quality loss

9. When you use the /silt command, is there a way to have two lines of text? I know for other text the \n works but dunno if Sign Artist had something like that.

10. Sign Artist :p

11. Many many sides back in this thread are stated all the dimensions for the different signs to make it easier to make an image fit nice. Would it be possible to have the sizes of the different signs/paintings on the FAQ page or something so we can find them easier?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust sign dimensions.png

13. Get a better image host, such as imgur, gyazo, dropbox... those who use google to find images are gonna have a bad time.

14. what does this error mean?
    SqliteException: Could not open database file: server/my_server_identity/sv.files.0.db

15. That isn’t an error from plugins, it is from Rust.

16. Signs getting erased on server restart again. It's erasing the image and unlocking the sign.

17. Hello, I've looked over this topic for a while now and cant seem to solve this issue. SignArtist is in my plugins folder, no errors, I'm assigned under group admin, but it says "Permission 'sil_url' doesn't exist. I've tried numerous ways, all with the same outcomes. I enter "oxide.grant admin wolfe sil_url", which is what I think is the correct way. When I try the sign it says I do not have permission. Any ideas?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The correct permissions are on the Overview.

19. I'm still not understanding, I've entered "oxide.grant admin wolfe sil_url" and "oxide.grant admin wolfe signartist.url" in various formats............. I'm lost. I don't see what I'm doing wrong.