RustNotifications

Rust plugin to notify when someone connects/disconnects from the server/when structures are attacked

Total Downloads: 4,155 - First Release: Sep 21, 2016 - Last Update: May 24, 2017

5/5, 5 likes
  1. Ok, try to put slack and discord as false and run one more time, i'll have to double check but perhaps there's and error thrown by slack or discord that's causing the server notification not to go out.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1485306951][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Actually, sorry. I remember now. I didn't put functionality to notify when someone joins a server to send the message to server chat, only to slack or discord.

The reason for this decision is because there is another mod that does this and I didn't want to repeat the work or interfere with their mod.

I'll link the mod as soon as i find it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
  2. Ok thank you

3. Dude Whenever someone joines my server it says in console this
    [Slack] Invalid HookUrl, please check your config!
    [Discord] Discord Api responded with 401: {"code": 0, "message": "401: Unauthorized"}

4. Ok,

so you have a problem with both your slack configuration and discord configuration. If you only want to display messages in console, i'd set both these to false.

If you do want to send messages to slack and discord, then set them to true and configure the HookUrl on the slack plugin configuration.

For discord you can check the documentation on that plugin. There are also a lot of responses to the plugin thread with troubleshooting techniques.

5. What do I put the hook Url to ?
    Also when I do this it will say in the game chat when people join /dissconect right ?

6. Right now the mod will override the configurations if a player is online. Meaning, if a player is in a server and their base is attacked, even if SlackConfig.Active is true, it will alert the server and not send to slack.

Is this a good feature or bad in your opinion? I'm considering re-writing it to do exactly what's set out in the configuration, meaning if a player is online and their structure is attacked, it'll still notify slack if the configuration for slack is turned on.

I'd love to hear feedback from people who still use this plugin as I've got some users asking me to change the behavior.

Also I'm looking into and trying to find time to write the code for grenades and c4 damaging entities, hopefully I'll have something out soon for you folks.

7. We are looking forward to correcting for c4!

8. What is the name of the other PLugin/Mod that tells you in the server chat that someone has joined?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ConnectMessages ?

10. failed to compile... any fixes inbound?

11. Mughisi updated RustNotifications with a new update entry:

12. Is it possible to notify when player with a certain steam ID connect to server? This would help find cheaters because admin/moder cann't be on server 24/7.

13. Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerInit' on plugin 'RustNotifications v0.8.3'

- Where is the problem? I have no notification when connecting / disconnecting but when someone attacks one of my foundations I have the message displayed

14. seanbyrne88 updated RustNotifications with a new update entry:

15. Teamspeak?

16. Hello,

Version 0.8.4 announced and on file version is set to 0.8.3? :)

17. When downloading latest verion I get v.0.5.0 instead of 0.8.4, I guess wrong file uploaded.

18. seanbyrne88 updated RustNotifications with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1490798636][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you, this is fixed.

19. seanbyrne88 updated RustNotifications with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1490807212][/DOUBLEPOST]
    just a heads up, c4 should work now :)

20. seanbyrne88 updated RustNotifications with a new update entry: