Rustcord

Moved

Total Downloads: 557 - First Release: May 24, 2018 - Last Update: May 24, 2018

5/5, 8 likes
  1. Was debating on doing that, but It's not the bot itself as I have full control of my discord bot. It seems the plugin just stops responding which leads me to believe that "Reference System.Web.dll from Oxide.Ext.Discord.dll not found" error may be behind it.

2. @Xianith yea I dont know whats the problem. I just made a bandaid solution until maybe it gets fixed

3. I seem to have this working ok with 2 way conversation . However one issue, and it's a pretty big one... Is that everything typed into in-game chat appears in Discord (which is perfect), but discord is publishing everything straight back out into game-chat. This includes connect messages and when i run the !players command, which in turn puts players ip's and steam id's into game-chat. This is most likely something i am doing wrong but its a real head scratcher.
    Thought it might be Discord Messages (what i used to use) but it's not that, then tried unloading better chat, its not that either.
    The messgaes that appear in-game have the formatting from discord so its as if Discord is auto sending what it recieves....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Protocol: 2086.162.1

Build Date: 05/08/2018 10:13:46

Unity Version: 2017.1.3f1

Changeset: 26825

Branch: release

Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3922

[FIXED] Turns out was using App Bot User Name instead of its discord ID in the .JSON

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
  4. This is already planned in future versions.

5. I am seeing user logins/connects in discord, but not disconnects.... Anyone else having this issue??

6. nevermind, didnt realize that main, lobby, and admin channels only see certain things... in my case its all the same channel =P

7. It feels like I have no idea what I'm doing. Is there a possibility for a tutorial?

8. @Lakarak scratch my previous question.... but what are you having issues with?

9. I have this error once I reload the plugin in oxide: [Discord Ext] An error has occured: Response: An exception has occurred during the OnClose event.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1528231923][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Once I try to join those errors happen:

Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerDisconnected' on plugin 'Rustcord v1.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object) at Oxide.Ext.Discord.DiscordObjects.Channel.GetChannel (Oxide.Ext.Discord.DiscordClient client, System.String channelID, System.Action`1 callback) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord+c__AnonStorey3.<>m__0 (Oxide.Plugins.Channel ch) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord+Settings+Channel].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord.OnPlayerDisconnected (.BasePlayer player, System.String reason) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0

Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerInit' on plugin 'Rustcord v1.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object) at Oxide.Ext.Discord.DiscordObjects.Channel.GetChannel (Oxide.Ext.Discord.DiscordClient client, System.String channelID, System.Action`1 callback) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord+c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 (Oxide.Plugins.Channel ch) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord+Settings+Channel].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord.OnPlayerInit (.BasePlayer player) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.Rustcord.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0

10. Are you running other discord plugins?

11. @OuTSMoKE Im running this and the discord bot that shows player pop and Im not having any issues

12. No, that's the only Discord plugin on the server.

I restarted the server, double checked the config, reloaded the plugin, and figured our the problem, the token has to be the Bot User token, not the client secret. My bad!

Seems to be working good, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
  13. My .json loads up empty then when I fill in what should be there on the release page I get a error from
    Code:
    | Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerChat' on plugin 'Rustcord v1.0.1' (ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source)

14. did you ever figure it out? if not hit me up...

15. I have issues to make the bot 'give' information. Maybe it's because when I edit the config it's quite confusing so I'm having a hard time understanding what to edit exactly, I have the ID etc in the plugin config but that's it.

16. This has pop command, !players.

17. I think the plugin needs an update as it's created errors today (Rust update) that have never showed up.

18. @BadonkaNae It isnt an error with Rustcord, its with the discord exstention

19. Discord Extension latest build:
    AppVeyor

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2018