Rules GUI

This plugin displays the rules on connect.

Total Downloads: 9,342 - First Release: Jul 19, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

5/5, 25 likes
  1. I can't get them to work

http://i.imgur.com/QCLcXyQ.png

Code:
    {
      "DisplayOnEveryConnect": "true",
      "RulesMessage": "<color=cyan>Welcome!</color> <color=red>The following in-game activities are prohibited in the Game:</color> \n <color=yellow>1.</color> No Hacking Or BUG ABUSE \n <color=yellow>2.</color> Pretending to be a member of Staff. \n <color=yellow>3.</color> Fraud, other dishonest actions.\n <color=yellow>4.</color> Flooding, flaming, spam, printing in capital letters (CAPS LOCK). \n <color=yellow>5.</color> Creating obstructions for other users.\n <color=yellow>6.</color> Advertisement.\n <color=yellow>7.Please be respectful.\n <color=yellow>8. If you wish to donate please contact MoooJR\n <color=yellow>9.Teamspeak coming soon!!"
    }

Code:
            {
                if (!permission.PermissionExists("canuserulesto")) permission.RegisterPermission("canuserulesto", this);
                storedData = Interface.GetMod().DataFileSystem.ReadObject<StoredData>("RulesGUIdata");
                LoadDefaultConfig();
            }
            //Not working right now. private static List<string> Rules = new List<string> { "1. Do not cheat on our server.", "2. Speak English in chat at all times.", "3. When Mughisi says jump, you ask how high.", "Not complying with these rules may result in a ban at any given time." };
            protected override void LoadDefaultConfig()
            {
            if(Config["RulesMessage"] == null) Config["RulesMessage"] = "<color=cyan>Welcome!</color> <color=red>The following in-game activities are prohibited in the Game:</color> \n <color=yellow>1.</color> No Hacking Or BUG ABUSE \n <color=yellow>2.</color> Pretending to be a member of Staff. \n <color=yellow>3.</color> Fraud, other dishonest actions.\n <color=yellow>4.</color> Flooding, flaming, spam, printing in capital letters (CAPS LOCK). \n <color=yellow>5.</color> Creating obstructions for other users.\n <color=yellow>6.</color> Advertisement.\n <color=yellow>7.Please be respectful.\n <color=yellow>8. If you wish to donate please contact MoooJR\n <color=yellow>9.Teamspeak coming soon!!";
            if(Config["RulesMessage"].ToString() != "<<color=cyan>Welcome!</color> <color=red>The following in-game activities are prohibited in the Game:</color> \n <color=yellow>1.</color> No Hacking Or BUG ABUSE \n <color=yellow>2.</color> Pretending to be a member of Staff. \n <color=yellow>3.</color> Fraud, other dishonest actions.\n <color=yellow>4.</color> Flooding, flaming, spam, printing in capital letters (CAPS LOCK). \n <color=yellow>5.</color> Creating obstructions for other users.\n <color=yellow>6.</color> Advertisement.\n <color=yellow>7.Please be respectful.\n <color=yellow>8. If you wish to donate please contact MoooJR\n <color=yellow>9.Teamspeak coming soon!!") return;

if(Config["DisplayOnEveryConnect"] == null) Config["DisplayOnEveryConnect"] = "true";
            if(Config["DisplayOnEveryConnect"].ToString() != "true") return;

SaveConfig();
            }  

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  2. needs update freezes clients

3. dafuq ? I run it on a server and i'm playing here like 24/7... 0 freezes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439734611][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Try to write your config based on this example
    Code:
    {
      "RulesMessage": "<color=cyan>Welcome!</color> <color=red>The following in-game activities are prohibited in the Game:</color>
      \n <color=yellow>1.</color> Use of bots, use of third-party software, bugs.
      \n <color=yellow>2.</color> Pretending to be a member of Administration.
      \n <color=yellow>3.</color> Fraud, other dishonest actions.
      \n <color=yellow>4.</color> Flooding, flaming, spam, printing in capital letters (CAPS LOCK).
      \n <color=yellow>5.</color> Creating obstructions for other users.
      \n <color=yellow>6.</color> Advertisement, political propaganda."
    }

4. yea it was fixed last patch so scratch that

5. can you make it so you can use a image instead of text or is that not possible??

6. Soon an awesome update.

7. what url?
    Can I make a clickable link in the site or steam group?

8. What are you talking about..

9. clickable link http:// on GUI Rules

10. Its not possible.

11. anyway around this?
    • Removed 'Rules GUI for Rust Experimental ( 0.7.0 )' as
      it conflicts with 'Remover Tool ( 1.7.1 )'
    Thanks

12. Who said that ?

13. Our server is with Multiplay, when I add the plugin to our server I get that message.

14. As you said.. u use Multiplay, i'm not able to talk with them. MANY Servers are using it with R-RemoverTool .. and 0 issues.

15. Ok, will ask their support and see what is said, thanks for your help.

16. Hey guys, weird issue, it worked fine for a while and suddenly it keeps changing the config back to default...

Not changed my code in a few days but here is what I had at the time, any ideas?

Code:
    {
      "RulesMessage": "Welcome to Rusty Island! /n 1. No Abusing broken mechanics / exploits, you WILL be banned! /n 2. Get Raiding ASAP! /n 3. No cheating or hacking! /n 4. Iceberg bases are not allowed and will be destroyed! /n For info on VIPs, contact Tobias the Great! /n Live map @ http://map.playrust.io/?85.236.101.34:28515 /n Teamspeak IP @ day-z.rage-quit.org /n Vote up the server @ http://bbtracker.net/Server/19244 /n Use /info for help and commands!"
      }

17. Well.. it would be good if you could tell me the process that you do. Like open file edit.. then ... then .. then reload.

18. restart the server, edit the config, save it, restart the server and it is default

19. Why do you restart ? after editing the config file LoL?
    Simply edit save and "reload RulesGUI" in the console.
    Also.. tell me your host.

20. i know, i use multiplay