Rain of Fire

Custom event that adds meteor showers to the game

Total Downloads: 9,984 - First Release: Jul 20, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 1, 2017

5/5, 45 likes
  1. Lemme see what I can do ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442797509][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm yeah the ItemDefinition returned by ItemManager.FindItemDefinition("arrow.wooden") is a little different than the one for rockets.

The following prints "Is Null":

Code:
    ItemDefinition projectileItem = ItemManager.FindItemDefinition("arrow.wooden");ItemModProjectile component = projectileItem.GetComponent<ItemModProjectile>();

if(component.projectileObject == null)
            Puts("Is Null");
    I would have to do more investigation to figure out how to make it work.

2. emu

emu

I might just surprise you. ;)

3. @emu Do you plan on implementing something along these lines?

4. emu

emu

I completely reworked the plugin and I will release it soon. The random rockets are going to land where they are supposed to.

5. Is there a way to increase the damage to players and damage radius of the shower?

Thanks!

6. /rof damagescale [scale] changes the damage.
    /rof onplayer_mild has the largest radius. See the plugin source if you want to tweak the settings.

7. emu

emu

I decided not to finish the rewrite for various reasons. I uploaded it if someone wants to take a look at it.

Attached Files:

8. emu

emu

emu updated Rain of Fire with a new update entry:

9. So what changed? Is this different than the latest update?

10. emu

emu

It's entirely different. I tried to make it so you could launch any kind of projectile with any kind of pattern. But thats not what this plugin is supposed to do. You can only control this from code, I never got to configurations or commands.

11. The rockets are no longer no damage on my server is this normal?

12. Here Too,
    The rockets do not cause any damage to players. They can explode on the ground, direct hit on player, or 1 foot away from player and no damage is taken.

Thanks.

13. emu

emu

It's a bug in the game. You have to wait for the devs to fix it.

14. Ok Thanks Again!

15. hello, thx for the job is that possible to change the loot in the json one day because i can't acces to the addon file on my host and i want to put HQ metal in drop

16. this mod still works but is missing the projectile/smoke trails as they come out of the sky.

17. how to do that ?

18. Not sure if it's my version specifically (I altered the drop tables) but it's spamming RCON hardcore since patch... just a heads up!

19. YUP:
    Code:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ServerProjectile.DoMovement ()
    ServerProjectile.Update ()

20. Update: after disabling it I still get the issue. Several others complained of the same problem. Thinking its maybe a Rust issue more than a plugin issue...