QuickSmelt

Can Increase the speed of all BaseOven types

Total Downloads: 57,333 - First Release: May 27, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 13, 2018

5/5, 106 likes
  1. You don't have the latest version of oxide installed.

2. Can you make it an option that furnaces will turn off when they run are full?
    Also will you be looking at adding back in "amount of become"?

3. After the recent update my config was wiped and only a few options are left.

EDIT: Uploaded the OLD config twice... The New config only has a global multiplier, charcoal and 2-3 others

Attached Files:

4. i m going back to previous version coz when you change rate you got:
    Code:
    (12:19:23) | Failed to initialize plugin 'QuickSmelt v4.0.3' (JsonReaderException: Input string '0.7' is not a valid integer. Path 'WoodRate', line 3, position 17.)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseNumber (ReadType readType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadNumberValue (ReadType readType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

5. I'll be going back 1 version as well, I have set my config as it says in the overview

"SmeltSpeed": 100,
    "WoodRate": 100,
    "CharcoalRate": 1.0,

all works well but if i put 1 wood into a furnace i get 100 Charcoal back this really needs fixing

6. With me, nothing changes anything. I have the permission and if I enter 100x quicksmelt.smelt, nothing changes
    [DOUBLEPOST=1524753865][/DOUBLEPOST]I have it, not 100x quicksmelt.smelt but quicksmelt.smelt 100

7. Jake Rich updated QuickSmelt with a new update entry:

8. @Jake Rich By simplifying this plugin you've made it useless to us. We're reverting to the old version.

That's simply not true and I think you're out of touch with what people want. The previous version of the plugin was excellent and gave us fine control over all the cookable items. We were able to get people to use one or a few large furnaces instead of building small server bases with 30-odd small furnaces simply by making the oven multipliers for small furnaces x1.5 and large furnaces x7.5. Then we were able to speed up cook times for food and prevent it burning.

Code:
    {
      "AmountsOfBecome": {
        "can_beans_empty": 15,
        "can_tuna_empty": 10,
        "chicken_raw": 1,
        "crude_oil": 3,
        "fish_raw": 1,
        "hq_metal_ore": 1,
        "humanmeat_raw": 1,
        "meat.bear.raw": 1,
        "meat.pork.raw": 1,
        "meat.wolf.raw": 1,
        "metal_ore": 1,
        "sulfur_ore": 1
      },
      "CharcoalMultiplier": 10,
      "CharcoalPercentLoss": 25,
      "CookInFurnaces": false,
      "CookTimes": {
        "can_beans_empty": 3.0,
        "can_tuna_empty": 3.0,
        "chicken_raw": 3.0,
        "crude_oil": 3.0,
        "fish_raw": 3.0,
        "hq_metal_ore": 1.5,
        "humanmeat_raw": 3.0,
        "meat.bear.raw": 3.0,
        "meat.pork.raw": 3.0,
        "meat.wolf.raw": 3.0,
        "metal_ore": 1.5,
        "sulfur_ore": 1.5
      },
      "OvenMultipliers": {
        "campfire": 2.5,
        "campfire_static": 7.5,
        "ceilinglight.deployed": 1.0,
        "furnace": 1.5,
        "furnace.large": 7.5,
        "furnace_static": 7.5,
        "jackolantern.angry": 1.0,
        "jackolantern.happy": 1.0,
        "lantern.deployed": 1.0,
        "refinery_small_deployed": 7.5,
        "small_refinery_static": 7.5,
        "tunalight.deployed": 1.0
      },
      "OvercookMeat": false,
      "UsePermissions": false,
      "WoodFuelAmount": 10.0
    }
    Sorry, but this new version is very poor in comparison. :(

9. I also doesn't like this super long ticks till the ores become metal, on the last tick the wood runs out.
    Before the config change it worked very well.

furnace.png

10. working good

11. Where in the old configuration file did you change the amount smelted per tick? Sure, you could make the furnace smelt more often (up to 10x per second), but there was nowhere to make it smelt more than that, nor was that performance friendly.

Nearly all the complaints were "How to I setup this plugin? What does this config file do?". It was so convoluted even I had trouble figuring it out, yet I had the code right in front of me.

Yes, the options for different speeds per furnace types aren't there yet. Yes they are going to be added back in an easier to understand way. Yes, there is going to be an advanced config that most users won't have to touch, but lets you modify everything if you know what your doing.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1524770026][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's the same whether you smelt 10 metal ore / second or 50 metal ore / 5 seconds.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1524770059][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's fixed.

12. Code:
    {
      "SmeltSpeed": 50,
      "WoodRate": 50,
      "CharcoalRate": 0.7,
      "CanCookFoodInFurnace": false,
      "UsePermissions": false
    }
    With this setting, if you put 5 wood in the furnace and 1 ore it works good but if you put in 2 ores and 10 wood the wood will burn and the ore isn't melted.
    This is no problem if you burn a sh*tload of ores but on the last tick there are ores you have to clean up.
    Don't misunderstand me this is just a little blemish and im very thankful that you made this plugin for us :)

13. Can campfires cook metal anymore or nah?

14. FWIW, I also prefer the old format and have gone back to 3.2.0.

15. The old version of the plugin was much better. I'll also be going back to it.

16. I love that each new iteration by another developer makes this plugin more convoluted and annoying to function. Personally I don't want to do the math or trial and error to make the plugin operate as it once did simply.

17. Plugin bug
    here is my config after the update 4.0.4. a big bug

(06:17:57) | Unloaded plugin QuickSmelt v4.0.4 by Wulf/Jake-Rich

(06:17:57) | Loaded plugin QuickSmelt v4.0.4 by Wulf/Jake-Rich

(06:17:57) | NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(06:17:57) | NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Attached Files:

18. Your on a 50x server: WoodRate and SmeltSpeed is at 50x. In vanilla rust you need 5 wood per metal ore smelted. Therefore, you need (5 * 50) 250 wood per (1 * 50) 50 metal ore smelted. If you put in less than 250 wood, then your not going to fully smelt the ore.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1524838785][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There's a reason you can download old versions: go back to them if you find them easier to use.

19. I'm not able to set the smelt speed with the newest version, just the rate

20. Ahh.. My bad.
    Thanks for pointing that out