Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,320 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. Can you help with the new error after last update?
    Code:
    [Oxide] 7:11 PM [Error] Quests plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 7:11 PM [Error] Quests.cs(748,14): error CS1501: No overload for method `GiveItem' takes `3' arguments

2. same here...Fix pls?
    Code:
    [Error] Quests.cs(748,14): error CS1501: No overload for method `GiveItem' takes `3' arguments

3. Same problem, is someone still working on this?
    I would really love to use it - especially together wit HumanNPC

4. have you tried this verion: Missions/Quests | Page 5 | Oxide
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454975380][/DOUBLEPOST]
    have you tried this verion: Missions/Quests | Page 5 | Oxide
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454975403][/DOUBLEPOST]
    have you tried this verion: Missions/Quests | Page 5 | Oxide

5. yes.

(04:51:08) | [Oxide] 4:51 AM [Error] Quests plugin failed to compile!

(04:51:08) | [Oxide] 4:51 AM [Error] Quests.cs(748,14): error CS1501: No overload for method `GiveItem' takes `3' arguments

6. yes same error for me...

7. Send me a PM and attach both the plugin, config file and the results from the console command "oxide.version"

8. ok, done

9. Thanks for sending your files. Try these and report back :)

As I've mentioned in other posts I'd like to add some more features to this plugin. Let me know what your ideas are.

Attached Files:

10. It works! Thank you.
    Is there a way to assign the Quests to a NPC?
    Like start on "use" NPC with ID 123345 and end if finished automatically ? (similar to the GUIshop, where the GUI opens, if you talk ore better if you "use" the NPC)

EDIT:
    [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

And alot of
    Code:
    (17:58:03) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:03) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took: 521ms
    (17:58:04) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:04) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took: 508ms
    (17:58:05) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:05) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took: 502ms
    (17:58:06) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:06) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took: 510ms
    (17:58:07) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:07) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took: 537ms
    (17:58:08) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:09) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:09) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took: 525ms
    (17:58:10) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:10) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took: 529ms
    (17:58:12) | [Oxide] 5:58 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' took average: 461ms

11. This is probably because of the config. Can you send me / post your changes to the config and you data file.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455038490][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No. Maybe in the future

12. Oh ok, so maybe it was my fault then.
    But I didn't use any special letters.
    The first entry is the name of the quest, isn't it?
    If not, then this could be the problem - but would be strange that it produce errors like that.
    Or are you pointing in the cs file on the quest name?

Code:
    {
      "quests": {
        "Baeren": {
          "Amount": "45",
          "description": "Die Baeren vermehren sich rasant und es wir Zeit, dass sich wer darum kuemmert.",
          "Objective": "bear.prefab",
          "Reward": "supply.signal",
          "RewardAmount": "2",
          "Type": "kill"
        },
        "Rotwild": {
          "Amount": "40",
          "description": "Dauernd springen Hirsche durch die Vorgaerten! Mach was dagegen Hochwertiges Metall winkt. Vermute bald gibt es ein paar weniger Hirsche.",
          "Objective": "stag.prefab",
          "Reward": "metal.refined",
          "RewardAmount": "350",
          "Type": "kill"
        },
        "Erz sammeln": {
          "Amount": "80000",
          "description": "Wer sammelt schon gerne? Genau - ich nicht. Also mach du das!",
          "Objective": "metal.ore",
          "Reward": "mining.quarry",
          "RewardAmount": "2",
          "Type": "gather"
        },
        "Schwefel": {
          "Amount": "100000",
          "description": "Deal des Tages: Sammel 100.000 Schwefelerz und es gibt zur Belohnung 50.000 oben drauf. Einfach so. Weil wir dich toll finden!",
          "Objective": "sulfur.ore",
          "Reward": "sulfur.ore",
          "RewardAmount": "50000",
        },
        "Holz": {
          "Amount": "480000",
          "description": "Sammel massig Holz und es gibt Treibstoff. Was denn - tu nicht so, als wuerdest du das nicht eh sammeln! ;)",
          "Objective": "wood",
          "Reward": "lowgradefuel",
          "RewardAmount": "1000",
        }
      }
    }

13. I had problems on my test server just unloading the plugin and making changes, so I recommend restarting the server. (see below)

1. edit the config files quests to change the quest amount of 1 and RewardAmount 1 , Reward wood ( for testing )
    2. rename the Quests.cs to Quests.cs.offline
    3. restart the server
    4. delete the Quests data file in the oxide/data directory
    5. rename Quests.cs.offline to Quests.cs
    6. check the data file to make sure it's empty
    7. accept any quest
    8. do the quest
    9. change the Amount, RewardAmount, Reward back to the desired settings for players

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
  14. I will nice to give items and money too. it's possible?

15. Currently there's no integration with the new Economics plugin, but it could be done.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you want to take this over by the way? I haven't heard anything from the original author in many months, despite the recent activity on the site.

17. I would. Though I'm sooo much of a noob at this I might do more harm than good. LOL But maybe with some occasional help from the community of developers I might be able to contribute. I'll try if you like - unless someone else would like to take it over.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Up to you, you're doing more to it than I have, but if anyone else would like to let me know.

19. Hi Please help . How about a quest chain? The player went to the server and automatically receive the first quest , completing it , he automatically gets a second quest . And so on.

20. can i combind this plugin whit HumanNPD and econemics ?? (sory for my englisch )