Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,319 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. ShadowEvil submitted a new resource:

Missions/Quests - Allows the user to go on quests to obtain items defined in the quest data

Read more about this resource...

This file attached is a NEEDED file. Place inside your config folder Then reload the QuestPlugin

External Link: http://www.filedropper.com/questplugin_1

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  2. interesting, not going to add it tonight as im bushed, ill throw it on my test server tomorrow and comment then.

3. how do i add it to my server? i put it in the plugins folder, just don't know how to start the quest etc

4. i dont understand the description ^^
    as andie sayed ^^

5. yeah i mean u need to do command to let ppl see the quests? or just go out there and killthings? i added the plugin but no config that normal?

6. anyone know how to get the config file to work ?

7. I figured all you had to do was create a QuestPlugin.json file and input the quest info you listed, however, that didnt work like I thought it did. Im sure it has something to do with the .cs file, but I don't know how to reference the json file. If you dont mind, could you point me in the right direction. Thanks. Awesome idea too by the way.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433088660][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, whoa. I'm dumb. its stored in the data folder because its persistent.

8. [Oxide] 10:30 AM [Info] QuestPlugin was compiled successfully in 98ms
    [Oxide] 10:30 AM [Warning] A plugin has polluted the global namespace by defining Quest: QuestPlugin
    [Oxide] 10:30 AM [Info] Loaded plugin Quests v1.0.0 by ShadowEvil

Should we be worried about this warning? Also, I added your quests to the quests.json file in the data folder, but after reloading the plugin and typing /quests list... it tells me "there are no quests beyond this point." Did I miss something?

9. I get the same thing you get. Still trying to figure it all out...

10. Well, I'm sure the creator will answer us shortly. These guys are wonderful.

11. Hi,
    Awesome work, i'm waiting this since long time :)

But i have a question, is it possible to do something with NPC plugin from Reneb ?

NPC+Quest = Owwwwwh Yeahhhh

12. Interested in how you got it to work. Any help would be appreciated. This is the coolest plugin I've come across.

13. Sorry guys. I was at work... But basically the code in the description is a file called "quests.json" which goes into the data folder... This is where the quests are created and edited. Make sure when adding this, the QuestPlugin is unloaded otherwise when the plugin saves, it will over write the new one with nothing.

And the polluted comment, I haven't the slightest clue. I am not sure why it says that.... It could be "Quest" in the name which messes with another namespace, I am not 100% sure... I am still looking into it...

14. i have a request for this plugin. make it so you have to turn in items to get the quest reward...

for instance:
    kill 5 bears.... you have to turn in 5 bear skulls in order to claim the reward. so you would type in /turnin bear infestation. if you have the 5 bear skulls in your inventory you receive the reward

same goes with the animal fat to get the 250 HV ammo, you have to have the 10,000 animal fat in your inventory to turn it in.

this way people arent rewarded just by doing what they are normally do. if i collect 10k cloth i should decide to keep it or turn it in for the 25 explosives. if i have 20k metal ore just sitting around not being used i can get rid of it in trade for a bolt rifle.

i dont want people being rewarded for just normal game play, i want them to work towards it and decide rather to keep the material or trade it in for the reward, you shouldnt get both

15. If you want to not turn it in... Just type /quests abandon "Quest name" and it will return the items back to you.

The thing is... Quests should have you go DO something.... Not just.. "Oh I have this... I could trade this in..." I'm sure there are plugins with that idea. :p Like the economy thing.

You could also make a gather quest for bear skulls... Which would be something like this...

There are no bear skulls though.. So I assume wolf_skull would be the skull required... But who knows.

Code:
    "bear skull trade": {
          "Amount": "5",
          "description": "Bears have been lurking about lately, they seem to be growing in numbers. Cut their numbers in half and bring me their skulls as proof. I shall reward you!",
          "Objective": "skull_wolf",
          "PlayersOnQuest": [],
          "Reward": "supply_signal",
          "RewardAmount": "1",
          "Type": "gather"
        }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433107766][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I honestly haven't the slightest clue. I have not messed with the NPC plugin even a little...

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  16. Thanks, works great now.

17. how to fix?
    When you restart the server resets the progress quests!

18. I haven't implemented a save quest progress feature yet. I'm still working on that. :p

19. Personally, I think this is one of the coolest Plugins yet. Great work!

20. Thanks man. :) I am trying my best. :p Not exactly sure how to implement the saving of progress yet. But I'm working on it. :p