Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,364 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. GUI?! Very cool. Looking forward to seeing that! :)

2. THis is awesome, could someone advise the commands!??! No idea how to use this!

3. So I am trying to get this working.... it seems to be partly working. so when I type "/quests list" it returns with "Quests: Quests available |Page : 1". So then I tired doing "/quest list 1" and tried "/quests list1" and it returns the same as before. I will upload the .cs file Im using and the .json file as well. After reading this thread Im confused if the .json file needs to be in the data folder or the config folder? I have it uploaded to both but to no avail. When in game and type /quests list rusty throws up this block of stuff:
    Code:
    [Oxide] 19:24 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdChatQuest' on plugin 'Quests v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 19:24 [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.ShortNameToDisplayName (System.String shortName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.ShowQuestListIsuelt (.BasePlayer player, System.String[] args, System.String t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.cmdChatQuest (.BasePlayer player, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.cmdChatQuest (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I have no clue what any of this means XD Any help is greatly appreciated. Also a full list of commands that go with this addon would be greatly appreciated.

Note: QuestPlugin.json was the origional config just modded to fit what I wanted, the Quests.json was the config file attached to the Quests.cs in the forums... not sure what one to use. (also tried with both to no avail..

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  4. So I really really really want to use this Quests addon (Missions/Quests for Rust | Oxide) sadly it seems unmaintained and out of date. Im willing to pay for someone to make an up to date version complete with a list of commands. I have been trying for 3ish days to get this working and it seems I get 1 step forwards and then 3 steps backwards. Not knowing enough about scripting I dont know how to fix this addon. Below I will add the .cs and the 2 .json files I have been using. I have tried these in both the data folder and the config file folder and now today I got 1 of 2 pages of missions to show up but even with that I cant accept any of the missions... Any yes I have asked for help on the addons thread but as I stated above it seems unmaintained. The faster this is up and working the more I am willing to pay.

Note: Ok it seems I cant add attachments to this forum :( PM me for the files I am using.

5. Wait until I finish the update

6. Whats the ETA on the update?

7. Go it repaired if you want it

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  8. Probably sometime within next couple of days

9. You can look at mine version if you want ;)
    Feel free to use it, because it's anyway your own plugin :)

10. I didn't write the original, it's had a few owners in its time :p I started a new version from scratch that is mostly UI based with 5 mission types

11. @sami37 Thank you for the addon, it was working great for a few days now it seems to be tossing up an abundant amount of error spam... at this point I dont know if its working anymore.

Error:(I cant tell where the error begins and ends and people were online so I cant tell where it just repeats...)
    [Oxide] 15:36 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'QuestPlugin v1.0.6' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 15:36 [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.hasPlayerFinishedQuest_Gather (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.OnDispenserGather (.ResourceDispenser dispenser, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

@k1lly0u I would love to see this as players were really excited to see the quests system when it was working. Will we be able to attach skins to items like weapons, cloths, boxes and stuff in the rewards? Just as a curiosity

12. Yes skins and attachments are included aswell as rp and coins.

It's about 80% done, I'm hoping to get the rest done tonight. If anyone is keen to do some testing pm me

13. I sent you a PM but didnt hear back from you. Ill be around if you want to pm me the files I would need to test it

14. I didn't get much time during the week and I keep coming up with new stuff to add to it. It shouldn't be too much longer. Here some screenshots of what it looks like atm

252490_screenshots_20160610154217_1.jpg 252490_screenshots_20160610154227_1.jpg 252490_screenshots_20160610154229_1.jpg 252490_screenshots_20160610154719_1.jpg 252490_screenshots_20160610154736_1.jpg 252490_screenshots_20160610154746_1.jpg 252490_screenshots_20160610155222_1.jpg

15. Looks great! I cant wait

16. k1lly0u updated Quests with a new update entry:

17. LOVE IT! Thanks SO much!! Testing it out now :D

--so far, it looks like I'm having trouble editing the reward after initial creation, at least as far as an item is concerned. I have to reload the plugin to get out of the gui But looks great and so far so easy to use!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  18. Fantastic. Works exactly as it should. Good job!

bug? When excepting a gather quest (i.e 10k stones). Gathering until you reach the 10k goal isn't counted as resource in your inventory. After you complete the quest, stone resources gathered goes into inventory.

19. It automatically takes the resources when you collect them and adds it to the total needed. At the end say you gather 50 stones and you need 25 more it only takes the 25 and deposits the other 25 into your inventory

20. k1lly0u updated Quests with a new update entry: