Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,320 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

http://oxidemod.org/threads/missions-quests.8985/page-3#post-117527

2. error
    Code:
    [Oxide] 6:35 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 6:35 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.hasPlayerFinishedQuest_Gather (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.OnDispenserGather (.ResourceDispenser dispenser, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 6:35 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 6:35 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.hasPlayerFinishedQuest_Gather (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.OnDispenserGather (.ResourceDispenser dispenser, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

3. Hey everyone.

After a lot of problems after last patch, I reinstalled everything fresh and atm it's only Quests, that won't work properly and it also seems only to be Quests left with time warnings (after a huge amount of time warnings the first days after update).
    Anyone to confirm its the plugin thats not running smooth?

No 'official' updates so far?

Would anyone be so nice and upload a 100% working plugind AND config file for me?
    I tried the fixes attached in the thread, plugin loads fine, no errors, but still no kills are added to the quest progress and still getting the time warning on every OnServerSave usage...

Kind Regards

4. [8/19/2015 3:14:49 AM] [Oxide] 3:14 AM [Error] Error while compiling QuestPlugin.cs(28,52): error CS1729: The type `Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile' does not contain a constructor that takes `0' arguments
    Get this with the one you done above from post 53 also some items in the quest are not named right that needs fixed. See also the Required File: link on this page http://oxidemod.org/plugins/missions-quests.1084 is that the config for it?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Try the below. The config you downloaded from there can be updated, just replace item names with _ with a period instead.

Attached Files:

6. Have replaced the names already in this and many scripts as many coders have not updated their scripts yet running man being one of them for example

7. Nothing working for me neither and even if this is one of the most wanted plugins, it seems to lack "official" support, no offense against your fixes Wulf.
    But I got now plenty different versions and none is working.
    I removed all files from this plugin from the server until there is an official update and not a file from page X and that file from page Y and rename this in the file Z to get it somehow working causing warnings and lags.

Awesome plugin, just not working properly anymore... Too bad...

Regards

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No worries, I'll try taking a look more once I get a chance. I've been trying to update it as I get time.

9. Thx Wulf will be nice to get it working again

10. fixed for latest updates as of 8-28-2015

place in config folder:
    Quests.json

place in plugins folder:
    Quests.cs

I fixed this on one of the 5 Servers I manage. Works for me, it updates on kills and gathering, just edit Quests.json to your liking before installing the plugin.
    p.s. Does not require anything other than these 2 files to install.
    p.s.s No errors on my system.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
  11. when i do /quests list it says there are no quests beyond this point

how do i turn this off or fix it

12. Hello i got the same problem: /quests list it says there are no quests beyond this point and when it goes than the list doesnt show, could need some help please. In Rusty is no Error occured.

@Wulf here are the log details, like you wanted
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442815619,1442685722][/DOUBLEPOST]Hunt RPG | Page 23 | Oxide could you please look atthe posts 457 and 458

I had the same problem with this mod and now it works perfectly fine, so it would be nice if you could change it .
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442902093][/DOUBLEPOST]

Is there now a solution or a hint about the Problem

Attached Files:

13. This fixed issues for me; one problem though:

Typing "/quests list" is generating a full screen worth of blank space in the chat box, and not actually listing the available quests (though they can still be accepted if you know the commands)

14. I've got the same issue :(

15. Is there a way to grant multiple rewards with this ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443797359,1443720058][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I had the same problem. I wanted to use this plugin but there were a few things I didn't like. So I,
    • Fixed the "/quests list" issue
    • Changed the coloring a bit
    • Changed the formatting of some responses
    • Changed the reward text to be the full item name as seen in your inventory (though the config still uses the item shortname)
    • corrected the version number in the info namespace ( v1.0.8 )
    Let me know if this works for you. If it doesn't please post your config along with your problem.

Attached Files:

16. did not fix the chat issue

17. Config!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443847180,1443802579][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Try this one

Attached Files:

18. did not fix the chat issue
    Here is my config file
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443873094][/DOUBLEPOST]/quests list doesn't show any info

Attached Files:

19. i dunno why.... but i removed all quests exept the deer quest.
    and now he is showing me normally all the quest at /quests list .....

20. Any news ?