Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,320 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. Nice plugin. Please add the cooldown to quests, time to perform, and display a list (/quests list) of the unfinished. You can also add to the API HuntPlugin quests for levels

2. I had it originally for the HuntRPG but people wanted it so I submitted it as a stand alone... And I have no clue how to do API functionality... Don't even know how to use API lol

And you want a delay on how many times you can do a quest? So like... You finish this quest... You can't do it for 5 minutes?

And a set time limit to complete the quest?

3. time on off - as you like. 5 minutes? maybe 30 minutes or 2 hours

СoolDown to continually did the same quest

4. I did what you said was right to do, and I cant get it to work?

5. Step 1: Place the config file into the config folder.
    Step 2: Place the plugin (QuestPlugin.cs) into the "Plugins" folder.
    Step 3: Make sure no errors occur'd when loading the plugin.
    Step 4: Make sure everything loaded correctly in-game by typing "/quests"

6. Code:
    (19:36:00) | [Oxide] 7:35 PM [Info] [Quests] QuestPlugin: Quest progress saved!
    (19:36:05) | [Oxide] 7:36 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'Quests' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    fixed it by adding the extra file, forgot to re-add it heh.

Also noticed though when plugin is installed, it seems to make chat writing that people have written disappear but there Avatar Icon stays, only writing is missing.

It comes back here and there but not sure if its this or helptext plugin

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  7. Hello
    Love the plugin, but when I updated today I keep getting this message spammed in console.

Code:
    Oxide] 11:26 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnGather' on plugin 'Quests' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 11:26 AM [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.hasPlayerFinishedQuest_Gather (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.OnGather (.ResourceDispenser dispenser, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Any help would be great. Thanks!

8. Currently having lots of issues with it... So I'll update it when I have time.

9. Great to hear. Thanks for the reply!

10. Next problem:
    Code:
    [Oxide] 1:01 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnServerSave' on plugin 'Quests' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 1:01 PM [Debug]  at Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile.set_Item (System.String key, System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.SavePlayerQuestData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.SaveQuests () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.OnServerSave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Really hoping for an update ;-)

Regards

11. How do players start the quests?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  12. I deactivated it for now, got plenty of errors and the server crashing regulary, no crashes since I deactivated quests.
    Really love this plugin and hope you find some time to update soon :)

Regards

13. [8/8/2015 5:18:12 AM] [Oxide] 5:18 AM [Error] Error while compiling QuestPlugin.cs(83,64): error CS1061: Type `BaseNPC' does not contain a definition for `corpseEntity' and no extension method `corpseEntity' of type `BaseNPC' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please try the below attachment.

Attached Files:

15. So far no problems

16. Code:
    [Oxide] 1:36 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'Quests' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 1:36 PM [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.hasPlayerFinishedQuest_Gather (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.QuestPlugin.OnDispenserGather (.ResourceDispenser dispenser, .BaseEntity entity, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
  17. Anyone a working cfg file with new names?
    I dont have any errors, everything loads fine but still no animal kills are count correctly :/

Regards

18. Animals:
    STAG.PREFAB
    CHICKEN.PREFAB
    WOLF.PREFAB
    BEAR.PREFAB
    BOAR.PREFAB
    HORSE.PREFAB

19. Hmm weird, I use that names it just won't count...
    I renamed the quests in quest1, quest2, quest3 and so on to make it easier for players to accept them, do you think that could cause the problem?
    Would be surprised if, /accept, /active and /abandon are working fine, there's only no progress :(

Regards

20. Code:
    [Oxide] 4:22 PM [Error] Plugin failed to compile: QuestPlugin (leaving previous version loaded)
    [Oxide] 4:22 PM [Error] QuestPlugin plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 4:22 PM [Error] QuestPlugin.cs(83,64): error CS1061: Type `BaseNPC' does not contain a definition for `corpseEntity' and no extension method `corpseEntity' of type `BaseNPC' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?