1. +oxide.directory "server/my_server_identity/oxide"

2. Yep either way will work. :)

I should say that was a copy/paste/tweak from the Windows .bat file that runs one of my Rust servers.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Videos aren't really my thing. Most paid hosts wouldn't give full control over it, so it's something they'd generally have to fix as necessary.

It accepts the server.identity variable or other variables, which is what was used in the oxide.config.json in the past as well.

4. This may have been answered already. But when I go to download oxide, it only shows me 3 files. The file to insert the plugins is not there. I am very confused. Please help. I am just playing on a vanilla server :( plz help.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There should be a folder of files along with a couple files. The "oxide" folder is generated when you run the server with Oxide installed.

6. Wulf - for a lame admin such as myself... is the only big change that the Oxide folder is now one level higher than it was?

Its now {SERVERIP} > Oxide
    rather than {SERVERIP} > SERVER > Oxide

I just copied everything there and didn't mess with the command-line, things seem to be working A-Okay thus far.

~FoX~

7. Why would my plugins now not load since thd update? What did I miss?

8. This thread is dedicated to explaining the situation.

The Oxide folder is now located with the main server files and no longer in SERVERIP > SERVER > OXIDE > Plugins, Data, ETC. Look for the OXIDE Folder in the top level of server files you can go.

9. I hear what you are saying. but, it has only generated 1 folder which contains a folder called "cfg" and a bunch of log files etc. If I want my plugins to work. Do I just add in a plugins folder?

10. When I finally figured out where my folder was it has all the oxide folders setup already, just not the plugin files :(. After I moved everything into the appropriate place and restarted all was well thereafter.

11. so I create a plugins file?

12. I'm hoping Captain @Wulf clarifies this but I would create the Plugins folder in the new Oxide location if it is not there already. Hope it helps!

13. thank u

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It is created automatically by Oxide.

15. nope.
    I do not see it
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494031339][/DOUBLEPOST]I see a plugins folder. I inserted a few plugins. But never loaded. So it is not the right one. It had plugins preinstalled on it already

16. MR. wulf. do you a soltution. I have created a plugin folder in my rust client. Plugins did not work. When I launched the server/console, It did not create a plugins folder either

17. Thanks for the info! already fixed my issue.
    "I fixed it from seeing what Wulf said! :D
    Did +oxide.directory /Oxide
    and it basically moved all my stuff i had to there, the new directory. :)"

[DOUBLEPOST=1494041924][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Add this:
    Code:
    +oxide.directory /oxide

to your start server config file

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide is a server-side mod, not a client mod. The folder is created when you have successfully installed and started the server with Oxide; if it isn't, then Oxide is not successfully installed.

That setting and Oxide does not move any files, that just sets where to look for files.

19. why does not all plugins get loadet after a restart. I have problems with N Teleportation, Eventmanager with all the Games, AutoGrades. Everytime i have to load them manualy
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494059850][/DOUBLEPOST]or they get loaded and after a whyle they get unloadet

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your oxide/logs for errors and provide more details if you could please.