Magic Loot

Simple components multiplier & loot system

Total Downloads: 13,466 - First Release: Nov 13, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 2, 2017

5/5, 44 likes
  1. Here ya go, wonder why your config was missing several of these. I'll look into it. Did you by chance delete any of them?

Edit: Oh, I think I see what happened. Did you change the number in the names of some of the containers? Some of the ones you have don't exist in the game.

Attached Files:

2. Kunazai going off that Magicloot file is the part i posted below,is what will appear in the crates and the number at the side is how much ?

Code:
    "ItemList": {
        "list": {
          "bleach": 0,
          "ducttape": 0,
          "gears": 3.0,
          "glue": 3.0,
          "metalblade": 3.0,
          "metalpipe": 3.0,
          "propanetank": 3.0,
          "riflebody": 3.0,
          "roadsigns": 3.0,
          "rope": 3.0,
          "semibody": 3.0,
          "sewingkit": 3.0,
          "sheetmetal": 3.0,
          "smgbody": 3.0,
          "metalspring": 3.0,
          "sticks": 0,
          "tarp": 3.0,
          "techparts": 3.0,
          "antiradpills": 3.0,
          "wood": 1000.0,
          "apple": 3.0,
          "chocholate": 3.0,
          "granolabar": 3.0,
          "can.beans": 3.0,
          "can.tuna": 3.0,
          "metal.fragments": 3.0,
          "lowgradefuel": 33.0,
          "largemedkit": 3.0,
          "syringe.medical": 3.0,
          "black.raspberries": 33.0,
          "blueberries": 33.0,
          "bandage": 33.0,
          "metal.refined": 333.0,
          "scrap": 75.0

3. yes the number next to it is what appears in them

4. Thanks for asking, I'll do my best to clear it up.

The numbers next to the items are item multipliers specific to that item. Those multipliers WILL stack with other multipliers. Lemme give an example.

Code:
    Lets say you loot a box crate for a couple of items, and you have box crates set to 2.0 multiplier,
     ItemListMultiplier set to 5 and metalspring multiplier set to 3.0vanilla rates * ItemListMultiplier * item multiplier * loot container multiplier = output
    2 metalspring *         5          *       3.0       *         2.0               = 60 springs
    3 metalpipe   *         5          *       3.0       *         2.0               = 90 pipes
    5 scrap       *         5          *      75.0       *         2.0               = 3750 scrapSay you loot metalsprings and HQM and pipes from a military (green) crate and that crate is set to 3.0 multipliervanilla rates * ItemListMultiplier * item multiplier * loot container multiplier = output
    2 metalspring *         5          *       3.0       *         3.0               = 90 springs
    20 HQM        *         5          *     333.0       *         3.0               = 99900 HQM
    10 scrap      *         5          *      75.0       *         3.0               = 11250 scrap

If you don't want loot to get too crazy, you can ignore item and container multipliers and only use the ItemListMultiplier. That value controls the base multiplier for ALL items in the ItemList. You can just change from 1.0 in the item list if you'd like a specific item to drop more or less. Same goes for container loot.

Say if you want vanilla loot x3 on your server but with 10x scrap and only 1.5x HQM.
    Code:
    "ItemListMultiplier": 3,
    "Multiplier": 3,"scrap": 3.34           (3.34 * 3 = 10.02x overall)
    "metal.refined": 0.5,   (0.5  * 3 = 1.5x overall )
    Then simply leave every other multiplier setting alone at 1.0 multiplier.

Then say you don't like the nerf to elite crates, you can give elite crates extra loot drops and extra multiplier that other crates wouldn't get.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully I cleared up some things.

5. nice reply and thanks

6. I want my server to be x10 but i can't figure out how to make the barrels and lootboxes that way. I've tried BetterLoot and LootConfig but nothing seems to work. Plz help!

7. Gather Manager for Rust | Oxide

is what i use

8. yeah this not for the loot table.
    But with this mod u can change a lot of things such as what u get when u pick nodes up or when u hammer a Node.
    You can also mess with the output of what quarries give u as well.

This is how u would configure your server to be a 10x by what you give to the user.
    As for 10x loot im stuck on that at moment as im new to rust server so havent got to that point yet.
    At moment when i take the heli down i get ekola Pistol and clone hemp :)

9. You can use this mod to apply 10x to vanilla crate/barrel drops. Just install the mod and change these two settings.
    Code:
        "ItemListMultiplier": 10,
        "Multiplier": 10, 
    All the other options are just for doing extra stuff.

10. Same problem here did you find fix?

11. Failed to initialize plugin 'MagicLoot v0.1.20' (ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source)

Help please?

12. Yes, new version adds all loot containers to the config for you to set to false to have Magic Loot ignore.
    Please upload your config so I can try to reproduce your error.

13. Kunazai updated Magic Loot with a new update entry:

The issue was with the order of logic that existed in the mod. It used loot that was already in a container to determine the rarity of loot to spawn in that container when VanillaLootTablesOnly is set to false. It would ignore finding rarity of items that are present in the ItemList of the config. So with scrap being newly added to the default of the list, most containers had no idea what rarity to use, so it didn't spawn any loot.

Overall, older versions of the mod have this bug still present. Even if loot is refreshing, the containers are likely using the wrong rarities to pick loot to generate. I recommend you update if you have VanillaLootTablesOnly set to false.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  14. fix that

Attached Files:

15. Can you upload your config, looks like the mod is having a problem loading/reading a container from your config. I have hunches about what could be causing your error, but without me being able to reproduce it, I can't be sure anything I do will fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  16. Failed to initialize plugin 'MagicLoot v0.1.21' (ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source)'

I updated the version but it says the same but only the version nuber is different.

Attached Files:

17. is there a simple way to remove blueprints from dropping? I saw this in the overview, would I have to add every blueprint or could I just type "blueprint" and add it to the exclude list? ***You can exclude items by adding items to the exclude list located in the configuration file.

18. receiving this error over and over and over, any thoughts?
    [MagicLoot] Did not find in list: minecart

[MagicLoot] Did not find in list: minecart

[MagicLoot] Did not find in list: crate_mine

19. A simple toggle would be nice. I'll add this to the next release.
    My local version has this message updated already to be more clear. Either set ReportMissingConfigCrates to false or add container to config and set container to true or false. Seems to be reoccurring issue with minecart and crate_mine not showing up in default list, I'll add code to force it in.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508790363][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You uploaded the mod itself. I need your config file in \oxide\config\MagicLoot.json