Loyalty

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,205 - First Release: Jun 24, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 30, 2018

5/5, 8 likes
  1. Earlier today I could confirm the issue with not adding to usergroup despite the data file showing the user is in the group and they get the message of being added, so had to manually add the players.
    Using version 1.3.3

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It uses the same methods for granting/revoking permissions that the commands would (direct methods should be used, not commands, which is the way they should be used via a plugin), so unsure why it wouldn't work. I would rather not maintain this one as well (not the original author), so if anyone is interested, feel free to let me know.

3. I really wish I could :( I may do some learning on developing plugins because it's really difficult to manage a modded server when mod authors disappear.

4. Hi Wulf
    Just a quick one as I said nobody is being upgraded but if I go to the previous version of the plugin it is upgrading all new players, just not the existing players

5. seems this plugin only checks if your loyalty ## is == to the reward requirement. meaning if server owner ever adds a reward for 60 mins and you have 9000 mins, you won't get the 60 min reward. only way to get it is if admin resets loyalty data. this is the predicament i am currently in. i may end up having to manually edit data which would suck. either that or data reset.

6. I'm not sure if I'm still having a problem, but I suspect Loyalty and Steam Groups - Steam Groups | Oxide - are conflicting with one another. The group I used with Steam Groups kept showing up in the Loyalty data file.

On another note:

Today, I decided to create a loyalty point grouping - assign people to a permission group - for 420 loyalty points. I already had several higher loyalty point groupings. Unfortunately I expect the people who have achieved 420 points and above, will not be assigned to the proper permission group automatically and I'll have to go through my data file and do some massive data entry, then assign all the people who should be in the permission group to the permission group.

Suggestion: Each time players connect, the plugin checks loyalty points against the items they are supposed to have and the plugin then assigns what they should have, unassigns what they should have.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is nothing to conflict, they just assign permissions/groups; it's not something that can conflict.

8. I don't know then. I assigned group1 to Steam Groups and group2,3 and 4 to Loyalty. I would open up the Loyalty data file and see group1. I must have made a mistake somehow.

9. I would really appreciate it if there could be a command that evaluates players and their loyalty at any time. For instance, whatever process happens when players hit a loyalty limit, have a command that forces that check.

Let's say you have a 1000 point loyalty setting. It assigns someone to a group. It will only assign them to that group at the moment they reach 1000 points.

The command I'm asking for would check each player's loyalty points at any time, giving them what they should have if they don't have it.

This request has 2 use cases:
    - if you want to add a group for 300 points. You already have a group for 1000 points, but due to the evaluation happening at 300 points and the people past that point, they will never be added to the group if they are at 400 points.
    - if someone like me has issues with permission groups. players will never be added to groups if groups are wiped out.

10. @Wulf I'm still at odds with this.

In the loyalty data file, it shows that people are being added to the group they should be, however, if I check the actual group they aren't a member of the group.

This is a serious disruption cause I have to constantly check to see if groups are not matching. Any idea what I can check? If this possibly an issue with the plugin?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, I haven't really looked at it much yet, but I'm sure the plugin could use some fixes. I didn't really plan on taking over the plugin.

12. Alright. I appreciate the reply, but of course I'm sorry to hear that. It's the cornerstone of my server.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'll take a look at it again soon.

14. Thank you sir.

15. So, if I wanted someone to get player tags per loyalty points so for example [Regular] Curse how do get that so u need 20 points to get the tag

16. Im guessing the update broke this but you can check for yourself. I am getting the following when typing /loyalty
    Code:
    (03:09:36) | Failed to call hook 'CmdLoyalty' on plugin 'Loyalty v1.3.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (03:09:36) | at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.Formatter+Lexer.Lex (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.Formatter.Parse (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.Formatter.ToTreeFormat (System.String text, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 translations) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.Formatter.ToUnity (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Player.Message (.BasePlayer player, System.String message, System.String prefix, UInt64 userId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Rust.SendChatMessage (.BasePlayer player, System.String name, System.String message, System.String userId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Loyalty.SendMessage (.BasePlayer receiver, System.String messageID, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Loyalty.CmdLoyalty (.BasePlayer sender, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Loyalty.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugin is actually using the wrong order for the message signature, which is why it broke. Oxide expects a valid message now, and the plugin only sends a message as the "prefix" in some cases.

18. Is there a way for me to fix this as its a nice little plugin? or do you think the plugin will eventually get updated?

Also sorry I am commenting on many unpopular plugins with all these errors :3 @Wulf

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think anyone has volunteered to take on this plugin yet, but I may re-write it down the road. If you'd like to try your hand at fixing the message sending, see my post here: Solved - SendChatMessage and Broadcast usage? | Oxide. I'll add it to my list to fix otherwise.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Loyalty with a new update entry: