GPay

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,122 - First Release: Mar 22, 2017 - Last Update: Mar 24, 2018

5/5, 6 likes
  1. Ya but you have to pay for it. It's on their description in bold: "NOTE: SDonate is a PAID donation system, this is just a plugin to make it compatible with Rust, this is NOT the full system."

2. Can this set a person's usergroup once they've donated? Or is this purely and itemID thing?

3. I haven't tried, but I would assume if you use the command feature, you could have it set someone to a new group.

For Rust groups-
    Code:
        "Prod ID": [
          {
            "command" : "/usergroup add <username> admin"
          }
        ]
    You can change the admin to another group. It's just there as an example.

For BetterChat groups-
    Code:
        "Prod ID": [
          {
            "command" : "/chat user add <username> admin"
          }
        ]
    You can change the admin to another group. It's just there as an example.

4. Is this done through PayPal? Because they ALSO charge for transactions? Does this get absorbed within the 10% transaction fee added on by GPay, or is that just an ADDITIONAL fee for a transaction?

5. You facilitate illegal content (RSPS), interesting...

6. 10% is WAY too high per trans man, that's like 4x what paypal already charges. Plus if you're charging handling fees, might wanna actually put that information in the overview.

First line of overview:
    "GPay for Rust is the easiest free way to start collecting online donations for your private server."

So you say it's free, then charge per transaction?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017
  7. I'll agree with just about everyone here that they should change the description. I love the plugin because I can't work MySQL to save my life and don't want to pay the initial fee of other products, but I can see how it is misleading. It should be changed to "GPay for Rust is the easiest free* way to start collecting online donations for your private server." And then place in a disclaimer or something: "*Free initial setup with 10% surcharge for each item bought through our system." That way you won't fall into any legal liability for false advertisement.

8. I currently use the shop system provided with Enjin site hosting, works great. Will eventually move to SDonate for auto permissions at some point, when I feel like putting effort into setting it up. xD

9. I am getting this error in the console when people try to do /claimdonation
    "[GPay] Error: 400 - Could not contact GPAY server :: <USERNAME>"
    Any ideas why or how to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  10. I personally love this plugin. The actual system behind it is decades in front of the competition, as well as the themes they provide as templates for our web-stores. It feels like they actually care about their platform. (I don't use it for RUST yet, but I was looking into it). I agree with regards the free thing - hopefully they'll change that - but I do think the transaction fee is a lot more friendly than making me pay anything up front and taking the risk. A no fee start-up was really good to me when I wanted to start monetizing my server, and its helped me along the way.

11. can you let me know what i'm doing wrong, have my config set like this

{
    "packages": {
    "20817": [
    {
    "itemID": -1625468793,
    "qty": 5
    }
    ]
    },
    "20818": [
    {
    "qty": 10
    }
    ]
    },
    "20819": [
    {
    "itemID": 563023711,
    }
    ]
    },
    "20820": [
    {
    }
    ]
    },
    "20821": [
    {
    "itemID": -892070738,
    "qty": 100000
    }
    ]
    },
    "20821": [
    {
    "itemID": 688032252,
    "qty": 80000
    }
    ]
    },

"Secret": "keeeeey"
    }

when i add a transaction to test it the server tells me ""please wait" then "no donation was found"

12. Hey Mate, Give this code a go

Code:
    {
        "Secret": "keeeeey",
            "20817": [{
            }],
            "20818": [{
            }],
            "20819": [{
            }],
            "20820": [{
            }],
            "20821": [{
                "itemID": -892070738,
                "qty": 100000
            }],
            "20822": [{
                "itemID": 688032252,
                "qty": 80000
            }]
        }
    }

13. tried it still says no donation was found, when i add a transaction am i doing it wrong?

14. Hey rwlnd,

Just somethings to take into account.

1) This plugin doesn't currently work with the CLANS plugin (because it messes with your username).
    2) Make sure you enter your IN game display name as the username when you add a transaction.

If the above do not apply / do not work for you, please visit GPAY PTY LTD and one of our team members will be able to assist you further.

15. ok that's what it is then, i run clans plugin. thanks for your help.

16. I am able to get it to work with clans. they need to put [CLAN] SteamName and it works just fine :). just have to make sure there's a space between the clan and the name

Edit: will the ability to grant players permissions added in the future?

17. Thanks for helping people out XBLITZ, we appreciate it!

So, I've spoken to the higher ups, and we're for the next 12 months going to change gPay's model to a slimline 2.5%. We will convert all current people on the system to 2.5% as well, as to give the plugin more traction!

Also, we're going to change our text as to indicate that we do charge a transaction fee, as to make it easier to understand how gPay works. At the end, we want to be the best, and by listening to you all, hopefully we can achieve that.

Please keep listing your requests so we can add them to future versions. On the server side, we've already provided new features including:

Player Permissions,
    Clan Integration.

18. Hi,
    Is there a way i can add a product like "donation" and for price open to let the donates decide on there own amount?
    ,Thanks

19. Hey King of Pay Back -

I believe most people set up new products with different price points available. (Like $1.00, $2.00, $5.00, $10.00) - Mine go up to $100.00 personally.

20. Hey there, hoping to get some help > Anytime I donate to the server it says "Please Wait" but has no response in the end, I've left it sitting for well over a hour and it just hangs. Everything seems to work great besides the ability to claim donation.