EnhancedBanSystem

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,116 - First Release: Jun 6, 2016 - Last Update: Feb 24, 2018

5/5, 18 likes
  1. I need help. It isn't putting a banlist anywhere, and I've set up Player Database exactly how you said to. I have enabled it in the config, and I have also banned someone, but I can't find the ban list. When someone gets kicked or banned, it simply says [info] and a blank message.

2. Whatever way mine is set up, I'm finding they are added to servername/cfg/bans.cfg, and oxide/data/EnhancedBanSystem_IPs.json

3. most liekly because you are using webapi also without having it setup or something

4. I just put playerdatabase and native to true and everything else false because, to be honest, I don't know what the rest is.
    Idk...Bans are recorded somewhere and I can migrate them each wipe. That'll do, pig.

5. PlayerDatabase adds to PlayerDatabase folder & EnhancedBanSystem_IPs.json
    Native added to bans.cfg

So everything looks normal

6. Perfect. Thank you for clarifying. :)

7. Hi!

I seem to still have problem with this plugin. I ban a player BUT they don't actually get banned, they can just connect back. It seems to work as it does kick them from server with the normal ban message, it just doesn't add them to banlist it seems.

I tried this on a fresh install of rust server with only this plugin as well & same result, there are no errors. I have not changed the original CFG.

Using latest oxide: 2.0.2729 tested on 2.0.2721 as well.

8. what kind of bans do you use?
    also do you see them in the banlist?

9. Console bans, 'player.ban SteamID "Reason"' for perm ban (most common). Also same with chat ban /ban nam/steamID "reason". I don't see it writing anything in the banlist, it's empty still.

10. yes, but what type of bans inside EBS? what did you activate?

11. Aha, i'm dumb. Do i have to set "DataType - Files - use": false," to true, if i want to use the "traditional" ban system?

Edit: Yea, that's it. Sorry for my stupidity, somethimes it's just too close to notice.

Sorry for wasting your time reneb, but thanks for quick suport!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  12. traditionnal bans are "native" bans

13. @Reneb could you please make the ban reason longer because I can only place one word and not more
    I've just bannend someone from my server with the reason please contact TruxDeadnitro,
    And the only think what you're see inside of the game is banned player reason please so please make the ban words longer

14. [Oxide] 1:53 PM [Error] MySql handle raised an exception in 'EnhancedBanSystem v5.0.9' plugin (MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.)
    [Oxide] 1:53 PM [Debug] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I have tried everything but it wont connect

15. Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL host

16. It's not letting me unban, the command doesn't even show up.

17. Code:
    [Oxide] 15:01 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'EnhancedBanSystem v5.0.9'
    (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 15:01 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.PlayerDatabase_Load () [0x00000] in <file
    name unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.EnhancedBanSystem.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.
    Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in
    <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in
    <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <fil
    thats on server load (Rust)

18. read the oerview

19. Hello. Reneb, can u add a whitelist with ip's which can not be banned? pls

20. maybe could you add a permission for temp banning?