EnhancedBanSystem

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,115 - First Release: Jun 6, 2016 - Last Update: Feb 24, 2018

5/5, 18 likes
  1. You can use both local server and external server using an API.
    Not that a sql server use much ressources, but still usefull to be able to dispatch server load.
    On a side note, ind i'm not sure hosted servers by company comes all with sql server.

2. You can use both a local server and an external server with the mysql library, there is absolutely no need to use webrequests.

3. The questions was

I was just saying it's you can already use the webrequests to save to a SQL database. Not saying that it's not a better way then the MySQL libraries. Just demonstating a already possible way with the plugin.

4. You're right, I was thinking on my case, where I can't query my sql server from outside, so I have to use webrequest, but it's a specific case.

What would happens if the sql server crash when the server is running a query ? Does it freeze the server during the timeout ?

5. Webservers are better at handling timeouts

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unless you are doing something wrong, it shouldn't. Calling MySQL directly would be the best solution though to avoid the unnecessary middle-man.

7. Never encountered that issue before with oxide handling the query but I feel like it would console spam

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Why would it spam the console? If you get any spam, you're doing something wrong. :p

9. @Wulf do you have and good MySQL plugin examples. It's the next thing I'm trying to learn but I can't seem to find any decent ones

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

BanSync by @sqroot should be good, and any examples by @Nogrod.

11. I was saying if the MySQL server timed out during a query

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It may through an error, but shouldn't spam.

13. The plugin is not working for mods using /ban / kick in the chat to ban or kick someone. This used to work fine before. When will you guys fix this?

14. Yee dont't work.
    /ban
    /kick

I have new oxide, new playerdatabase and this plugin, restart playerdatabase and dont work...

15. this doesnt help.
    works fine for most people.

16. /ban and player.ban dont work, pls fix ur plugin...

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What exactly isn't working about it?

18. Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  19. I understood. EBS dont work with new sql save format in PlayerDatabase

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  20. should work
    but you need to install the plugin before starting your server