EnhancedBanSystem

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,115 - First Release: Jun 6, 2016 - Last Update: Feb 24, 2018

5/5, 18 likes
  1. Like i said we dont use it but when EnhancedBanSystem is loaded we cant unban or ban ppl it since the new rust update over the rcon tool ingame its fine

2. Ok fixed it kinda the error is gone after a config wipe but i still can't unban ppl that are in the normal rust banlist/rcon banlist as long enhancedbansystem i loaded :/

3. yes that is a problem on oxide side, you need to wait for a fix from it.
    or manually change in the plugin the commands

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What exactly is the issue that we need to fix? The command errors were already fixed on Thursday. The Covalence commands can override default commands now, so you'd either need to use separate commands else add support for managing all bans.

5. Covalence commands are always registered as both chat command and console command. The recent changes to the command system resolved a bug where console commands had to specify a parent so for instance registering the command test as [Command("test")] will now both register the commands test and global.test while it previously would only register the command test and thus not working as console command. Another change allows plugins now to override commands, basically how it works for game specific plugins. When registering commands that are previously registered by the game itself you should consider re-implementing the original command or consider picking a different name for your command.

On a side-note, you can register multiple commands to the same method in a single Command attribute:
    Code:
            [Command("ban", "player.ban"), Permission("enhancedbansystem.ban")]
            void cmdBan(IPlayer player, string command, string[] args)
            {
                if (args == null || (args.Length < 1)) { player.Reply(GetMsg("Syntax: ban < Name | SteamID | IP > < reason(optional) > < time in secondes(optional > ", player.Id.ToString())); return; }
                try { player.Reply(TryBan(player, args)); } catch { }
            }
    And for the unban issue, I would suggest adding something like this to the top of the unban method you use in your plugin to also handle the bans on the rust banlist:
    Code:
                var user = ServerUsers.Get(steamid);
                if (user != null && user.@group == ServerUsers.UserGroup.Banned)
                {
                    ServerUsers.Remove(steamid);
                    returnstring += $"Removed user with steamid {steamid} from the Rust banlist.";
                }

6. what is the problem ??? no work with rust experimental ???
    Good plugin ( ban system ) for rust experimental ???

PlayerDatabase | Oxide
    Player Informations | Oxide
    Code:
    [Oxide] 19:24 [Error] PlayerInformations plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 19:24 [Error] PlayerInformations.cs(361,34): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' does not contain a definition for `GetConnectedPlayer' and no extension method `GetConnectedPlayer' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    [Oxide] 19:21 [Error] EnhancedBanSystem plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 19:21 [Error] EnhancedBanSystem.cs(410,34): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' does not contain a definition for `GetConnectedPlayer' and no extension method `GetConnectedPlayer' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
  7. you dont have the latest oxide version

8. This plugin doesn't work for rust legacy is pops up in rustadmin when you do oxide.reload EnhancedBanSysytem
    Code:
    (19:40:07) | [Oxide] 9:40 PM [Error] EnhancedBanSystem plugin failed to compile!
    (19:40:07) | [Oxide] 9:40 PM [Error] EnhancedBanSystem.cs(766,20): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' does not contain a definition for `Reply' and no extension method `Reply' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
  9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  10. How would one go about calling isBanned I can't seem to figure it out with the out reason, out expiration?

11. i don't think you can use the "out" from another plugin :x

12. I guess. Is banned isn't really possible to be called then? I haven't been able to make it work even without the outs

13. i would need to add another hook for external plugins

14. That would be awesome. ;)

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you set it with the game's ban system, you'd be able to call player.IsBanned from Covalence. The only downside to that is that not every game supports storing the reason and expiration.

16. nor ip

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

True true. Maybe we can integrate something eventually. ;)

18. Hi reneb is there any chance that you will add Mysql support as 3rd save option for this plugin? It would be really nice to have one global ban database for Rust Legacy,Rust,RoK,Hurtworld and so on.. or is there any security reason why it wont be implemented? Because for me that would be just awesome as I host all locally on one machine I can add it myself but I think many people would love to have this feature!

19. Webrequests can be used to save to a SQL database. You just need the knowledge to make a PHP api script to handle that.

20. Why would you use webrequests to talk to a mysql API when Oxide has a mysql library?