Copy Paste

Copy and paste your buildings to save them or move them

Total Downloads: 21,412 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 14, 2018

5/5, 83 likes
  1. Buildings are still pasting in the wrong direction

2. We all really want Copy Paste to work correctly, but when you look and see that 2+ people have posted with the same issue above you and post your same issue anyways, all it does is spam the current maintainers inbox causing them to check and that may slow any possible fix down. Your best bet is to just check back occasionally to see when they post an update/fix once a couple others have reported the same issue :)

3. Got this! not even pasting...
    (18:10:54) | Failed to call hook 'cmdChatPaste' on plugin 'CopyPaste v3.6.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

at Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile.get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.TryPaste (Vector3 startPos, System.String filename, .BasePlayer player, Single RotationCorrection, System.String[] args, Boolean autoHeight) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.TryPasteFromSteamID (UInt64 userID, System.String filename, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.cmdChatPaste (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

4. buildings still paste in odd directions. seems inconsistent too. if i paste, it might face the left. if i rotate slightly, it'll paste facing right.

if i paste at a spot it might face to the left. and then if raise my head a bit, it'll paste further away but rotated ccw. repeat

5. same for me

6. does the same commands not work no more
    I do /paste prison 1 and it shows me the list of commands
    so i do /pasteback prison height 1 and it still shows me the commands for the plugin

How do i paste back my prison with a floor level of 1.

7. /paste prison height 1
    I can't see this syntax in your examples and it's how I would do...

8. i done that as well
    It just shows the commands syntax in chat

Will grab a pic when i next log in

9. Nothing can be pasted at the moment, has anything changed recently @miRror with how the files might be read? :) In some cases it will half paste the file, in others it won't paste at all. Always the same error though.

Code:
    Failed to call hook 'cmdConsolePasteBack' on plugin 'CopyPaste v3.6.3' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: :. Path 'entities[3845]', line 59080, position 14.)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue () [0x00000] in :0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Configuration.KeyValuesConverter.ReadJson (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, System.Object existingValue, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer serializer) [0x00000] in :0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.DeserializeConvertable (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter converter, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in :0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in :0 
    Code:
    Failed to call hook 'cmdChatPaste' on plugin 'CopyPaste v3.6.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.TryPaste (Vector3 startPos, System.String filename, .BasePlayer player, Single RotationCorrection, System.String[] args, Boolean autoHeight) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.TryPasteFromSteamID (UInt64 userID, System.String filename, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.cmdChatPaste (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2018
  10. Installed most recent version, still pasting in random directions and height seems broken too.

11. It's working but with the wrong direction. Have you got the latest Oxide from yesterday? There had been two released...

12. Yep, pasting works but the direction the building is facing appears to be random meaning accurate placement of buildings is virtually impossible. Hopefully we get a fix soon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2018
  13. Great plugin, but after the last Rust update when I paste a building it will not rotate in the same direction I'm pointing. The building will be in the same angle when I copied it.

14. miRror updated Copy Paste with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1525547096][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Check update
    [DOUBLEPOST=1525547194][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Try remove plugin, remove config, remove saves in folder data/copypaste then upload plugin and copy building

15. buildings still paste in odd directions. seems inconsistent too. if i paste, it might face the left. if i rotate slightly, it'll paste facing right.

if i paste at a spot it might face to the left. and then if raise my head a bit, it'll paste further away but rotated ccw. repeat

16. Version 3.6.4 works for me!
    Thanks a lot

17. The new update seems to have fixed the direction issue, buildings are pasting nicely now. Thank you very much miRror!

18. Hello, first of all thank you for the plugin.

I'm here because i got a little problem with the /undo command.

Every time i copy a building i find in console :
    Code:
    ExType: TypeInitializationException
    Failed to call hook 'cmdChatPaste' on plugin 'CopyPaste v3.6.4' (DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll)
     at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&) 
     at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After that i /paste it, without any errors (only Calling 'cmdChatPaste' on 'CopyPaste v3.6.4' took xxms) in console, but when i try to /undo i got a warning in the game : You must paste structure before undoing it.

my Rust server
    Protocol: 2086.162.1
    Build Date: 05/04/2018 17:55:24
    Unity Version: 2017.1.3f1
    Changeset: 26812
    Branch: release
    Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3917
    CopyPaste Version: 3.6.4
    Os Debian 9.4

thank you for any help/hint you can give me.

19. After update of Rust and Oxide, still not working and not able to paste too.
    May be i reach the maximum info able to be copied in one time?
    The json generated is around 3,44MB. Too much ?
    I attached my building's json (zippped) in the remote situation that you'd like to look into.

my Rust server
    Protocol: 2086.162.1
    Build Date: 05/08/2018 11:13:46
    Unity Version: 2017.1.3f1
    Changeset: 26825
    Branch: release
    Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3922

Attached Files:

20. Code:
    Failed to call hook 'cmdConsolePasteBack' on plugin 'CopyPaste v3.6.4' (FormatException: Invalid length.)
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Convert:InternalFromBase64String (string,bool)
      at System.Convert.FromBase64String (System.String s) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.Paste (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 entities, Vector3 startPos, .BasePlayer player, Boolean stability) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.TryPaste (Vector3 startPos, System.String filename, .BasePlayer player, Single RotationCorrection, System.String[] args, Boolean autoHeight) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.TryPasteBack (System.String filename, .BasePlayer player, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.cmdPasteBack (.BasePlayer player, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.cmdConsolePasteBack (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CopyPaste.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 
    Still can't paste buildings that originally worked fine :( Lots of buildings that have had a lot of effort put into them can't be recovered now. @miRror is it possible to resupport these 'older' copy files?