Build

Build, spawn, plant, upgrade, deploy anything the way that you want it.

Total Downloads: 21,145 - First Release: Nov 8, 2014 - Last Update: Jul 26, 2018

4.9/5, 50 likes
  1. I write through the translator, it's okay)

2. Have you tried PrefabSniffer? It's a plugin that finds the games Prefabs but also has a command specifically made to print out the /plant ID's for Build and other plugins. I throw it on when Facepunch updates to get the new /plant ID list and then just remove it. It's available here ----> PrefabSniffer The command for it is prefab build and will print said list to a text file in the oxide/logs directory. It works well until miRror gets a chance to include an option in the plugin itself :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2018
  3. When I start Oxide server Build v1.2.5 by Reneb & NoGrod, repeatedly spams:
    Can't remove MeshFilter because Imposter (Script) depends on it
    Can't remove MeshRenderer because Imposter (Script) depends on it

I've updated the server and copied in the new Oxide which hasn't solved it.
    Help would be appreciated, thank you.

4. It's not seeming to connect or grant build privilege when connected to an existing structure.

Example;

Main building with a long walk way would normally have BP along the whole distance.

Main building plus walkway built using /build foundation is not granting that same BP.

Did I mess up using it somewhere? Is it not considered to be connected to the original building?

Do I have to build the entire structure using /Build for it to count?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1519634748][/DOUBLEPOST]Confirmed with a shotgun trap. Made the building and I'm unable to get building privileges to it no matter what I try. Also the building has started to decay despite the tool cabinet sitting right on the tile.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
  5. I have noticed this. It does not provide ownership to the person using the tool. It simply makes the item appear with no link to a SteamID so ownership does not pass to the item. I know there is a plugin that allows you to change ownership of an entity that you may be able to use that would then allow you to pass on TC privilege but have not used it.

6. Do you have a name for that plugin? I can probably do that as a work around if I have it.

7. Found that plugin. Took building ownership. Tool Cupboard still doesn't grant build rights nor protect the building.

When I place a TC on a build tile it auto authenticates and doesn't act like a normal tile that I just built.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  8. Is a tc you are really placing or just one you spawned/built? Also try to copy paste the whole building. I know another person who used that as a work around.

9. I didn't realize i could spawn one in. So just standard way. Craft and place.

I'll remember the copy and paste trick, but spacing is very tight in the application (rather than the walkway test)

Tried spawning one in. Same result.
    Building is decaying and Build priv isn't granted

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
  10. Screenshot

Getting this little bug after this update.

11. Its because the update for oxide just came out and your running outdated stuff.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1519933523][/DOUBLEPOST]Although I have seen those errors prior to update and it seems to work fine. I used to see them during boot up.

12. This error does not affect the operation of the plugin. Over time, I'll try to figure out what caused it.

13. Is there a list of the item IDs? The list in the console truncates after a a bit and i can't see it

14. The plugin doesn't currently have a way to print/display the entire list but I do believe the plugin dev is working on it as he mentioned on page 67. As far as I know the best way to get a full list is install PrefabSniffer available here--> PrefabSniffer It has a command specifically for the Build plugin (prefabs build) and will print out a list to the oxide/logs directory. This list will usually change when Facepunch adds new entities/items to the game so it is advised to update the list when FP updates. Certain /plant items can not be removed without additional plugins. I would highly recommend staying away from the net_env.prefab (Currently /plant 137) as it will bug your night/day cycle. I learned that one the hard way xD

15. yeah me too :p

16. I think about fix on next week :)

17. The issue is that while /build works nicely, the structures built with it cannot currently be maintained and will decay. Nothing short of turning off decay for everyone or using Zone Manager has solved the issue with the TC not applying upkeep nor granting built rights :(

i tried looking at the owner listed for the blocks made with build. says they are mine. But they don't act like they are mine. Like some required flag somewhere isn't being set. Plugin is really cool but I'm at a loss how to use it for more than a day if anything i build with it falls apart :(

18. Will try to fix on next week :)

19. I hope you are successful! This plug is very very handy to use.
    Thank you. I very much hope you are able to fix this.

It has been extremely useful in the past (PVP Arenas, Out of the game admin staging bases, ect) and the whole building permission and upkeep problem has been the only recent hold up with it.

20. Apologies for formatting. Am in an airport :)

Screenshot_20180316-104630.png