BetterChatMute

Moved

Total Downloads: 2,515 - First Release: Jan 9, 2017 - Last Update: Jan 23, 2018

5/5, 10 likes
  1. How exactly would I do 1? And thanks heaps! I'll add that in and reupload it as a difference file :)

2. That's wired - my post with attachment was deleted in less then an hour, and they block ability to upload files for me untill march, but your post is still here.... he-he...
    Nevermind - THIS would help you with learning about diff. If you are using windows you can download Git For Windows

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do not post random versions, thanks. If you have a suggestion or something you'd like to contribute, use the [ code ] tags or a diff file as others have suggested.

4. No.
    There are no expirations every 10 seconds.
    If none expired in those 10 seconds, expired will just be empty and so no change will be made to the data so saving is completely redundant.
    You can believe me that I have done it that way for a reason.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

6. RuArt
    BetterChatMute Does Not work when you have the Quest plugin installed.....

7. Yes using the latest version

8. @LaserHydra Just to do it the proper way and submit the code and not the plugin, with the following 3 lines you can add the Slack call:
    Code:
    [PluginReference] Plugin Slack;
    string slackmsg = player.name + " muted " + target.name
    Slack?.Call("FancyMessage", slackmsg, player);
    and with the slackmsg variable, in the version I posted it changed whether it was permanent/had time remaining, when they were unmuted and when it expired (including who originally muted them in all the messages).

So the output was:
    Kinesis muted Kinesispermanently.
    Kinesis muted Kinesisfor 24 minutes
    Kinesiswas unmuted (by Kinesis
    Mute for player Kinesishas expired

This would just be super handy for monitoring staff on servers to ensure that Mute isn't being abused and also to keep track of mutes on an ongoing basis :) I can PM you the entire plugin edits if you don't want to have to write it all out, but I'm not sure if your implementation might be a bit cleaner.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You could probably have this as a separate plugin if BetterChat Mute called out to other plugins with OnPlayerMuted/OnUserMuted or something.

10. Possibly something that could be integrated into SlackChat | Oxide ? :)

If these hooks were added though I'd have a shot at making it myself!

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ideally BetterChat Mute would have a hook that calls out, but SlackChat could manually check too.

12. Indeed! I'll have a shot at making a Slack plugin if it was added as a hook here :)

Also if it wasn't too much effort to be added: 2 separate permissions for permanent and time mutes. Just so that lower level staff can't go crazy permanently muting people :) And potentially a cap on the temp mutes as well in the config. Not sure if this is much effort to implement!

13. error in newest version 1.0.3

BetterChatMute was compiled successfully in 148ms
    Unloaded plugin Better Chat Mute v1.0.1 by LaserHydra
    Loaded plugin Better Chat Mute v1.0.3 by LaserHydra
    Failed to initialize plugin 'BetterChatMute v1.0.3' (JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path '76561198122151604.ExpireDate', line 3, position 19.)
    Unloaded plugin Better Chat Mute v1.0.3 by LaserHydra
    Rolling back plugin to last good version: BetterChatMute
    Loaded plugin Better Chat Mute v1.0.1 by LaserHydra

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's an error in your datafile according to the error.

15. i have delete my data file from better chat mute.
    now works

[Better Chat] Error when trying to get third-party title from plugin 'Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges'
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.GetPlayerTitles (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat+ChatGroup.FormatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

but my ranks on player challenges doesnt work too i cant see any ranks. have a idea ?
    Player Challenges | Page 17 | Oxide

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would be an error for the PlayerChallenges author to address in its thread.

17. @LaserHydra
    how to make this plugin worked separately from the plugin betterChat? really need help :)

18. LaserHydra updated BetterChat Mute with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1488274518][/DOUBLEPOST]
    it should actually work without BetterChat.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488274551][/DOUBLEPOST]@Kinesis Hooks have been added ;)

19. Thanks @LaserHydra! That's fantastic, the hooks and the permissions are fantastic :D

I'm almost done with a new plugin, I just had 2 quick questions for you:
    • I'm still a little new to this (although it seems to be working well). When it comes to the OnBetterChatMuteHandle hook, how would I extract information from muteInfo? Sorry I've never worked with a JObject object before so I'm not sure how to reference information through it :)
    • I was hoping to reuse your FormatDate function since it works beautifully to convert the time to natural speech in duration. Would you mind if I reused this function for the SlackMute plugin and gave you full credit for it? :)
    Thanks heaps LH for your amazing work!