BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,140 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. they are both .json files no cs files

2. correct you never edit the cs file so please upload to correct folder for each file

3. ok thanks dude
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518212132][/DOUBLEPOST]
    now that i reload the plugin the better chat is gone and no one has any prefixes now
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518212225][/DOUBLEPOST]
    when i upload it to my data folder all of the writing gets deleted
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518212386][/DOUBLEPOST]
    and now if i try to reload the plugin it says there is no roll back version
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518212543][/DOUBLEPOST]
    dude i love u it works i just forgot to extract it sorry for the trouble sorry! love u

4. I knew you would get there

5. getting this error message when trying to add a user to a group. is it my config? checks out on JSON lint. (latest oxide and server versions)

Code:
    (15:44:30) | Failed to call hook 'CmdChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.16' (InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object)
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.CmdChat (IPlayer player, System.String cmd, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
  6. hello,
    I have been trying to update the plugin from this site uMod - Better Chat
    but its not letting me reload the plugin, because its a old version or something so can this get a fix pls

7. Can you please describe your issue more precisely?
    What exactly did you do and what did not work as expected?

8. wel I tried to reload the plugin and it said this
    (20:04:21) | Unloaded plugin Better Chat v5.0.14 by LaserHydra

(20:04:21) | Previous version of plugin failed to load: BetterChat

9. That usually is not a plugin related issue.
    Try waiting for the old version to unload first, and then add the new file.
    You can also try to unload the plugin per "oxide.unload BetterChat" command.
    If that does not help, try restarting your server if possible.

10. okay I will try this out thanks ! hopefully it does fix

11. Check your json files from config and data folder on this site The JSON Validator

12. doesnt work lol is there a way to do it

I removed the config, and now its saying this
    (00:00:07) | Unloaded plugin Better Chat v5.0.16 by LaserHydra

(00:00:07) | No previous version to rollback plugin: BetterChat

13. Upload two files one from config folder and one from data folder

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  14. here ma config and data

Attached Files:

15. Eventhough this usually would throw a detailed error instead of the vague issue like you mentioned, you have an error in your data file.
    In line 49, you forgot the closing quote. I was able to find the error with the website Resistance linked above.

Here is a fixed file, please check if this solves your problem.
    In the future, either check your file with a json validator like the one Resistance mentioned, simply use the commands instead, or try out the BetterChat Group Manager which is listed on the overview.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
  16. I see laser fixed it for you

17. I got a question everytime i rejoin my server i've been dropped into the default group and i keep the admin group..
    how to fix this?

18. Change ur priority

19. "HiddenIfNotPrimary": true
    for each group and set Priority
    admin = 0
    mod = 1
    and so one default will be the highest number

20. still not working..