BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,139 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. The problem is not with my server, I run a clean test server and there is also a double result

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I know, the hook isn't being called or cancelled in Oxide. I'll have to get it fixed and push out a build for it, so keep an eye on the changelog later today.

3. I will wait

4. Is there a plugin or feature within betterchat that allows players to hide it? Many players on my server would like the option to play in complete silence (probably anathema to the multiplayer nature of Rust, but my server is more of a cool-off server for those pvp'd out).

I thought there was a plugin called "Betterchat Hide" but I can not seem to find it now. I found a plugin called "Betterchat Ignore", but that targets individual players.

5. As far as I know, there is no such plugin available at the moment.

6. Hey! So i am wondering i am able to add a better chat group a oxide group so when they buy vip they will be able get the vip group right away please help!

7. Hello, help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, the HurtworldV2 server

Attached Files:

• 333.png
      333.png
      File size:
      58.8 KB
      Views:
  8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What exactly are you trying to do? "betterchat.admin" is a permission, not a command.

9. I installed the plugin, the server saw it. I want to create a chat group Admin

Attached Files:

• 444.png
      444.png
      File size:
      163.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"admin" and "default" exist by default, you don't need to make them.

For you to be able to use the commands though, you need the permission "betterchat.admin" granted to you.

11. How to activate betterchat.admin?

Attached Files:

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to be admin in Hurtworld else use the server console.

oxide.grant group admin betterchat.admin

Tutorial on permissions here: Using Permissions

13. Wulf Thank you so much, I'll try to make

14. does not work

Attached Files:

• 555.png
      555.png
      File size:
      145 KB
      Views:
  15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide, not oxy

I was actually referring to the server console or RCON, not the F1 console, but you can try there as well you'd just need to prefix with "rcon".

16. Hi guys wondering if you can help. This has probably been discussed already but there are a lot of pages. I want my chat to say, group>player name but it currently says group>player>player name. I want to remove the player part. Any ideas?

17. screenshot will help more

18. upload_2018-3-20_12-48-39.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1521550154][/DOUBLEPOST]so it should say VIP StGeorge1984

19. Please make sure you setup your Priorities correctly, and set Title HiddenIfNotPrimary to true for the default group.
    Priorities should represent the group priority as a number, following 0 > 1.

20. I think I fixed it. Found a post midway stating that the Json file was in oxide data and not configured like the others. Thanks great mod.