BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,142 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide. Groups are from Oxide, not this plugin.

2. how can i update by myself ? im rent this server online so i have to wait until the support is updating it

3. [Better Chat] Covalence.RustPlayer[*removed*] does not seem to be in any BetterChat group - using plugins default group! This should never happen! Please make sure you have a group called 'default'.

chat group add default:
    Group 'default' already exists.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide.

5. Getting this in console

Code:
    (21:09:56) | [Oxide] 21:09 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.12' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (21:09:56) | [Oxide] 21:09 [Stacktrace]   at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.OnUserChat (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (21:09:56) | [CHAT] warmcorndog[6131573/76561198018353686] : GET OFF MY LAWN
    }
    I went to look for their json profile under \oxide\data\Betterchat\Players and they did not have one generated for them. This seems to be the case for other players on my server where today (since the update) has been the first time they've ever joined. I don't get this error with players who have been on the server before.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide.

7. Ok, I'll try it in the morning and report back. Too many people online right now.

8. Only new players that haven't been on the server before are getting this, and they get the [player] rank which is supposed to be hidden

[Better Chat] Covalence.RustPlayer[76561198083070879, MudGrub] does not seem to be in any BetterChat group - using plugins default group! This should never happen! Please make sure you have a group called 'default'.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide.

10. Update Oxide (;

11. Updated Oxide this morning and not getting these errors anymore. Thanks @Wulf . Btw, is there a way to "follow" oxide releases so I get notifications when a new version comes out, just like I get with mods?

12. Just click on the "Watch This Thread" button

13. Oxide is up to date, this plugin is up to date...

Code:
    Failed to call hook 'CmdChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.14' (InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object)  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in :0
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.CmdChat (IPlayer player, System.String cmd, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 

14. i keep getting this even after updating oxide multiple times Screenshot

15. update oxide and try reading other posts first before posting

16. ok i am getting double chat when i have better chat installed.. BUT my admin don't .. so if admin says something in chat it is right and only once....but anyone else and it is using better chat default group and the rust default chat? how do i stop the rust default chat?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
  17. In betterchat Data im trying to add an icon for the VIP group name.

This is the icon - ✪

If i add that to the VIP groups name notepad wants to save the file in a Text only format.
    What is the workaround for this ?

18. use notepad++ as you should be using it to edit all files as normal notepad adds extra characters and symbols when saving

19. kk thanks again Resistance

Works perfect

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
  20. Nvm, I just had to scroll up for the answer :)