BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,142 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. Use their steamid.

2. My Server global chat messages are being duplicated when i load the plugin . they appear as follows:

[player] Sea: Hello server
    Sea: Hello Server

Anybody know how i fix this issue?

Thanks!

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have another chat plugin.

4. what is the problem here ? BetterChat or ClanTags ?

Code:
    Better Chat] Error when trying to get third-party title from plugin 'Oxide.Plugins.ClanTags'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Oxide.Plugins.ClanTags.GetClanTagFormatted (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat+ChatGroup.FormatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

5. hello, i have a little problem with this: "<y>". when someone write this i see unformated text on chat like this in attachment ;/ can i block it somehow ? (BetterChatFilter dosn't work)

Attached Files:

6. upload the betterchat.json file from data folder

7. for what ? this is not problem with group names...

here you have
    Code:
    [
      {
        "GroupName": "default",
        "Priority": 2,
        "Title": {
          "Text": "[Player]",
          "Color": "#55aaff",
          "Size": 15,
          "Hidden": true,
          "HiddenIfNotPrimary": false
        },
        "Username": {
          "Size": 15
        },
        "Message": {
          "Color": "white",
        },
        "Format": {
          "Chat": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}",
          "Console": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}"
        }
      },
      {
        "GroupName": "vip",
        "Priority": 1,
        "Title": {
          "Text": "★",
          "Size": 15,
          "Hidden": false,
          "HiddenIfNotPrimary": false
        },
        "Username": {
        },
        "Message": {
          "Color": "white",
        },
        "Format": {
          "Chat": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}",
          "Console": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}"
        }
      }
    ]

8. Why is it every time I ask someone to upload a file they paste it and you do need the admin group there

UPLOAD the config file please and any other files in any other folder

9. here you have... but i dont know for what you need this...

Attached Files:

• git.zip
      File size:
      7 KB
      Views:
  10. upload each file then restart the server to be sure

Attached Files:

11. sorry, but do you understand what is the problem ? problem is only when you write: <y> on chat, vip, default, admin ... this is not problem with my configs.. ehh

12. Why are you writing that in chat for here is a idea dont and I fixed a few problems you had use or dont use up to you

13. That should be ClanTags.

14. Quick question, i used to get all chat messages in the "Chat" window on Rcon.io and on the chat tab on the RustAdmin tool. Now chat only show's in console with all other console messages. Is this because of "Betterchat"? Any way to fix this?

15. i have default
    warning [Better Chat] Covalence.RustPlayer[76561198135865030, Yooooooooo] does not seem to be in any BetterChat group - using plugins default group! This should never happen! Please make sure you have a group called 'default'.
    What am I supposed to do

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which game? Did you delete the default group?

17. It's rust. I haven't done anything. I have this warning.default group does not work and the authorization in the group is useless

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The group comes from Oxide, not this plugin, and is created when your server starts up with Oxide if it doesn't already exist. All I can suggest is making sure you're on the latest Rust version and latest Oxide build, else try making the default group on your own. You can see how to use the permission system here: Using Permissions.

19. Hiya having an issue adding players to group. says "group doesnt exist" even though its there in the data config file
    or occasionally iget this error.

Code:
    (18:11:19) | Failed to call hook 'CmdChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.14' (InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object)
    (18:11:19) | at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.CmdChat (IPlayer player, System.String cmd, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

20. Users are using this to make there name super huge by using <size=100">Username</size> how do I fix this from happening.