1. Off topic maybe but I realy need help.

I have typed in the ownerid "my steamid" "my name"
    It said it made me owner, but when I go into the game and try to do rcon.login "pass" it dsnt work all I get is a "invalid command". And I am not getting the admin status and cant fix my plugins cuz I need to be admin..

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please see the first post of this thread.

3. Yeah I have done that, but how am I going to be able to fix my plugins such as Gather if I am not admin?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

As mentioned in the first post, there is no "rcon.login" in Rust Experimental. You are automatically logged in as admin based on your steamid if you're added it as an owner/moderator successfully. I'd make sure to use "server.writecfg" after adding yourself as an owner. You may also need to restart the server, but you shouldn't have to.

5. So there is no way I can use my plugins? Like kits, gather, airdrops etc.. ? Kind of wasted to even have them then?
    All I want is to be able to config my plugins so I can make use of them. I mean whats the point in having gather if I still get as much recourses as usal?

I might have missed on something.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I have no idea what those plugins use for permissions, but these are the steps for making yourself admin. Make sure you can use basic Rust commands first to verify you have admin permission, then move on to plugins. If you can't figure out a certain plugin, I'd recommend posting in its thread.

7. Didnt you just say you could not be admin? o_O I cant use "basic rust commands" cuz everything I type in gets "invalid command".

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

9. i can not get this to work at all i try rcon.password ( ) then use the admin commands and nothing happens i even tryed the ownerid thing and it dont say nothing not even invaled or wron or accepted.. all so this Rusty dont work for me i mean i can log in but i never see players and the commands just dont work to some reson

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The rcon.password is not a client command, it is a server setting. Please read the first post again.

11. this may be asking but am renting a server and i can not work this out.. am so stupid lol could some one make a video cos rusty admin tool thing is a pain i seem to be doing evry thing right yet i can not use the commands or see players on the server so i wonna try with out it but i just can not work this out.. =(

12. so i have my own vps

server is up and all i put it my .bat file and everything but i still can not seem to connect to rusty any suggestions?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you set the rcon port and rcon password, and that you can actually connect to the server at all via the game itself.

14. i basically followed your tutorial on how to set it up and i can get in game and everything i put the +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "myownpw" and i go to rusty put my rusts ip in there all this mumbo jumbo hit connect and nothing:(

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's possible that port is not accessible on your VPS, but I'd recommend posting in the Rusty thread, as this thread isn't for Rusty support.

16. So, Rcons seems too think that my password is invalid in rusty, the password is the one in the .bat file to start the server right? if so, that does not work, it registers rusty trying too connect but it is saying the password is wrong, any help?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You are setting +rcon.password via the command-line? Does your password have any odd symbols or spaces? Has your server been restarted since the password was set?

18. I am opening a Rust server through GameServers.com, I had a Rust server 6 months with GameServers and it looks like thing have changed some. I can not find were to make me admin in Oxide 2 (user.cfg). Reading the forums do I have to use Rusty now to make me admin?

19. 1. Create a users.cfg file here: server\servername\cfg\users.cfg
    2. then add this to the cfg file: ownerid STEAMID "name" "no reason"
    3. reboot server

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

PS. The users.cfg file is from Rust, not Oxide. ;)