Whitelist

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,808 - First Release: May 25, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 25, 2016

5/5, 12 likes
  1. [Oxide] 23:36 [Error] Whitelist plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 23:36 [Error] Whitelist.cs(129,34): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' does not contain a definition for `FindPlayerById' and no extension method `FindPlayerById' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide, you're on an older build.

3. I write many, but now I edit this, and see my mistake. sorry :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

3.2.0 has issues, use 3.3.0. I'd need specific details about what isn't working with it though.

5. Hello,

first I'd like to thank you for you work. I'm facing some issues with the whitelisting with a "The Forest" oxide server. I went through both this thread and the one on the SteamGroups plugins. My friend is always seen as not Whitelisted.

Steamgroups .json
    {
    "PermissionsGroup": "steam",
    "SteamGroups": [
    "WarRoomGaming"
    ],
    "UpdateInterval": 60
    }
    The steamgroups is working fine as it post in the console 2 new members inside the group.

Whitelist .json
    {
    "Admin Excluded (true/false)": true,
    "Reset On Restart (true/false)": false,
    "SteamGroup": "WarRoomGaming"
    }
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warroomgaming/memberslistxml/?xml=1

I tried to set the SteamGroup inside the whitelist json to "warroomgaming" with no luck.
    Also when he tries to connect I can see his Steam ID matching the one from the link above '76561198046052437' trying to establish a P2P connection

Could you please help me figure it out ?

Regards

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This plugin doesn't have Steam group support, it is entirely permission based. You'd want to use the SteamGroups plugin.

7. Yes, that what I'm using too but it is not working as you can see I posted the SteamGroups config still anyone (in or out the group) can join.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's likely an issue with Oxide hooks in The Forest, not the plugins.

9. So, I guess it means "if it works, good. If not too bad" anyway, thanks for the replies.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, it means that I'll need to take a look at The Forest again soon.

11. Forest user here as well.

As I understand it the SteamGroups adds the players to a group. The Whitelist controls whether the permission group can join. So is there a way to add the permission to the permission group?

EDIT: I cant get the whitelist to exclude any players with the forest.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Forest is missing some hooks for this to work 100%. I had them in there before, but had to move/remove them as there were some issues. So until they are added back, it won't work properly.

13. I was looking into the hooks on github. I'd love to give a hand but I'm only familiar with C to this point so the syntax is taking time. Is there a reference for common vars?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not super fun with The Forest as it's primary a limited client, but I'd suggest getting familiar with .NET/C# and decompiling.

15. Wulf, is there any way to have a command to switch whitelist on/off? I'd like to use it for post-update checks with the admin team without unloading the plugin after, in case need to call it suddenly. So just if there's something like "whitelist on/off".

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What would be different about unloading vs running another command to disable it and checking that every time still? Unloading it would use less resources.

17. Can you contact me on steam (TerrorSoul), Interested in getting additional basic functionality added to this whitelist plugin. Willing to pay if needs be.

Cheers.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you let me know what you'd like (via this support thread), I'll see what I can do.