Whitelist

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,808 - First Release: May 25, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 25, 2016

5/5, 12 likes
  1. I don't know, i can see where?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

show user USERNAME

^ Use the command to see the player's groups.

show perm whitelist.allowed

^ Use the command to see which groups have the perm.

3. Ok, he not french, it's CZ country ^^

Thanks

4. They were in the default group, which I do have the permission assigned to. I typically use the SteamGroups plugin to put the group members into the default group for whitelisting. Is my problem that I should have created a new group for this setup instead of default? Really appreciate your assistance Wulf.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All players are automatically in the default group, so that is your issue. I'd recommend using another group name such as "steam" and assigning the permission to that. The reason you're only just now seeing this is because we moved the IPlayer creation to when they first join instead of when they are actually finished connecting.

6. How embarrassing... thank you!

7. Hey, this is a noob question... But since the only way that you can whitelist someone is by granting the permission how can I whitelist someone that hasn't joined the server yet? Is there like a File that I can place their steam ID in or something?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can see their ID when they try to connect, or on their Steam profile.

9. What I mean, is there a way to whitelist someone before they try and connect to the server? So in my case, the user has submitted heir application to join the server and when I accept the application I whitelist them without them needing to connect?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, their ID is generally shown when they try to connect, and you can get it through other means. Simply grant the permission to that ID.

11. But if the user has never connected to the server how can I grant their permissions?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can grant to an ID anytime.

13. Oh ok I feel stupid now... thanks wulf

14. Why not pimp out the SteamGroups plugin there? You can use that one plus this one so that all you gotta do is add them to a Steam group and voila! That way you can even whitelist people from anywhere, just log into the Steam app from your phone and send invite.

15. Good, good, this seems to be working.
    Throw that password.cs away man, it's useless.
    Just a tip.

But 1 thing, i can only add people who tries to connect, not people who are on their work and come back tonight to play in my server.
    I have to be at all times at the pc to whitelist someone.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Password plugin serves an entirely different purpose and it works fine, you just need to be able to follow instructions and understand the purpose.

17. well, i asked you what i want and i was clear about it.
    I want only people on my server that are allowed.
    This seems to be working but not the way i want.
    I want to add a user that is offline at the moment so when he is back he can play, without me needed to whitelist him when he comes online.
    That's possible by reading a .txt file with their steam64 ID.
    So i have for example a .txt file called Whitelisted Users.txt in the server folder somewhere.
    Then the server (oxide) will read that file and does it automatically.
    That way all problems people having is solved.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

A whitelist is a list of entries that grant access to something, a password is something anyone who knows it can enter to grant access to something. Different purposes, different use cases, both work given you follow the steps necessary for them.

Plugins can't create or read .txt files. You can edit the oxide/data file for the manually if you want (not recommended) to manage the list, but it is not intended to be edited that way. You can add users that are offline via the grant permission method just as you would for any other plugin's permissions, just make sure to use their Steam ID as the game will not know their name yet.

19. If you can get there steam user name then use this stie to look up their steamid64 lookup - STEAMID I/O than you can whitelist them before they try and join. The command is. grant user 00000000000000000000 whitelist.allow You only have to white list someone once. as long as you use there steam id number not their user name.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017
  20. I tried that before and didn't work. But no worries, the game itself is not fun
    I know of those sites to look up steam64 ID and as Wulf has stated, you can only whitelist someone after they try to connect, and that is not important for me. I know that the plugin can read files, as they do read .json files otherwise the plugin doesn't work.
    But he will not change it. And i don't play the game anymore. But thanks for the input. :)