Whitelist

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,808 - First Release: May 25, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 25, 2016

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can use an old version of it if you'd like to use JSON (not plaintext .txt files), which you can find under the Version History tab. I may add support for that as an option down the road as it's been requested previously, but for now it uses permissions.

2. Then explane me 1 thing, why you tried to say to me (that also can script) that a plugin can not read and make a .txt before?
    And now you say that it is possible? and requested many times....
    Let's be honest, someone that knows the plugin can see on their steam name that it is for rust.
    i mean, come on, Dennis | 123456 says already enough.
    just make the plugin read from another file that has an steam64 ID in it and voilla, done...
    When someone tries to connect, the plugin reads that file and IF not in there, then the message You're not on the whitelist appear or you typed the wrong password or whatever. It's just a tip, and a small thing to add. I did that many many times before in mySQL and Second life with PHP and also used .json and even .txt files.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I said that Oxide plugins cannot read .txt files (which is what you were originally asking for), they are only allows to use .json. The .json storage for this plugin was removed in favor of permissions at one point. Like I said, I'll likely be adding it back as an option, it's just more of a hassle to support it as it'd need its own commands and such as well to allow easy adding/removing. Most are familiar enough with permissions to not need to manually interact with files, and there hasn't been many requests for it back yet.

4. Yes then use .json, i told you that before, i just use .txt and .json as an example. It doesn't matter in what format you do it, If the plugin can read .json, then we use that. I know json is an array of lists and stuff but it's possible, and you don't have to delete posts where i gave tips.
    I just tried to help you know. And the reason i got mad yesterday is how long i have tried to get a normal command on how to use it.
    More people has that problem. I am not here to take you down you know. But if you delete posts where i said that .json IS capable of doing so, you delete that post and made me look like i only talk about .txt.
    No, i said then use .json if your plugin only reads .json files. Because that's obvious, i see .json files in the plugin so why not use .json instead.
    But i am glad you will look into it. thanks for understanding.

5. WULF, is there a file somewhere that has a list or is there a command that will show everyone that has been whitelisted? On a nother note how can you wipe the whitelisted clean?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem, I think there was just a bit of misunderstanding flying around. ;)

oxide.show perm whitelist.allow

To wipe, you could set it to wipe on restart via the config, otherwise that's something I should add in my next version.

7. Hi, can I change the message you are not whitelisted?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1496868299][/DOUBLEPOST]lol I found it already :p

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, that information is on the Overview.

9. Can someone post their Whitelist.json and SteamGroups.json code that works? I cant seem to get mine to work.

Here is what I have-

Whitelist.json

{
    "Admin Excluded (true/false)": true,
    "Reset On Restart (true/false)": false,
    "SteamGroups": "mazeydazey",
    }

SteamGroups.json

{
    "Group Setup": [
    {
    "Steam": "mazeydazey",
    },
    ],
    "Update Interval (Seconds)": 60
    }

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You're missing the Oxide group assignment in Steam Groups. That Oxide group should have the Whitelist plugin's permission granted to it. The "SteamGroups" setting from your White.json does not exist and can be removed.

11. got it working , Thanks for you help

12. I've installed the whitelist plugin and I can join the server without any permissions.. why does it not work for me?

I've found the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
  13. Where can i find the the saved id's in the console or game ?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What saved IDs? This plugin uses the permissions system in Oxide and doesn't keep a list of its own.

15. @Wulf can you make it so moderators are also automatic whitelisted? :)

16. I have this installed on my server, using stream line servers. It stopped working one day, so I took it off and re added it. When I go to the web console It keeps telling me that the command to white list someone is not found. Any tips?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your oxide/logs for errors.

There isn't really a universal concept of moderators, but I can add an option for a custom group.

18. [SERVER v1.0.24] Console: Whitelist.cs(69,14): warning CS0114: `Oxide.Plugins.Whitelist.LoadDefaultMessages()' hides inherited member `Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.LoadDefaultMessages()'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword
    C:\TCAFiles\Users\MelissaP\18561\Oxide.Core.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)

is what it is saying

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those are just warnings, check your other oxide/logs. Also, what command are you trying to use exactly?

20. I'm using grant user steam64 whitelist.allow. There are no errors showing up in my oxide logs if I'm looking at the correct thing.