Whitelist

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,808 - First Release: May 25, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 25, 2016

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Hi!

I've been trying to whitelist someone in the Whitelist plugin for a while now, using both the Steam name and Steam ID. When I input either with the grant user <username|steamid> whitelist.allow, the plugin recognizes the change and add said person to the list. However, when they try to connect it claims they are not whitelisted and kicks them out. Any help you can provide?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What is the exact command you used and what was the response you got?

3. grant user (steamid) whitelist.allow

User "Name" (steamid) granted permission "whitelist.allow"

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which game are you using it with?

5. I'm using it with my Rust server I'm running on my own PC. Without the plugin, my friend can connect without any problems so we want to use it to keep unwanted people out. I have installed the lastest uploaded version of Oxide and the plugin loads properly when I boot the server

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does their ID match in the connection info to what you used in the command?

7. It does. That's the id I've been using

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you checked to see if their user has the perm? You can use the 'show user ID' in the console to see.

9. After update its not working anymore.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you're using an old version of the plugin.

11. I'm inputting the show user ID in both the in-game console and the server console and no response

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Mmm, are you sure Oxide is installed? Did you replace ID with his actual ID?

13. Okay, it says he's allowed on the permission list and so far he's allowed to stay in with the plugin loaded. I have loaded it after he joined

And in the window the server is running in, it says "Oxide 2.0.2552 for 1044.73 (1805)" at the bottom right

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you show me what the console listed when you used the command?

15. The show user ID gave me:
    User "Name"|(ID) permissions:
    whitelist.allow
    User "Name"|(ID) groups:
    default, admin

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Screenshot, with actual info please.

17. I'm not entirely sure why or how but after I whitelisted him while he was still connected, it works. He can now connect without issue with the plugin loaded

18. I was using the newest version of that plugin. Some user could connect, some not. But only me is registered as owner. It is also the first time I use this plugin on my main server.

19. I am adding a friend to the whitelist and it tells me he is added to white list and every time he tries to connect , it tells him he is not white listed. I have added him multiple times and restarted the server multiple times, still not letting him in. This is Rust Exp btw. In permissions when I show User, it says permissions: whitelist.allowed, whitelist.allow

**update I removed whitelist from the server, reinstalled it, re added everyone to whitelist, everyone can connect but the one person still

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  20. Hey there is an update for rust and the plugin is not working anymore. Can u help me pls?