1. Perhaps I am dense, but in all the hunting and looking around, I only see commands to add or remove permissions to users or groups. How does one list of effective permissions for player or group? You state that we shouldn't be cracking open the data files, but it seems this is the only way to audit permissions.

Thank you for all your work. I am liking this a lot so far!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Listing permissions that plugins provide, or ones that are assigned to users/groups already? There is a 'show' command to list assigned permissions.

3. @Wulf
    I`ve done as you told. I`ve typed oxide.show group moderator and i was sort a confused because it shown me 216 moderators which adedd them there by theirselves without my permission.

Is there any command to clear group from all the players? And is there a command to ban them simultaneously?

Thank you!

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The moderator group populates automatically based on auth levels set on your server. If a player has auth level 1, they get placed in the moderator group. If a player has auth level 2, they get placed in the admin group. You'd need to remove their auth level, then remove them from the Oxide group.

5. I`ve found easier way. I`ve just deleted group moderator and now will ban them all.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like the wrong solution... Those users more than likely did not place themselves in that group, they are either inheriting it or getting it from your server somehow.

7. Maybe you are wright but they are never played or played long time ago on my server. There were no one from active players on that list. So if it was a usual bug in some of my plugins then there must be and active users which plays for a long time.

So for now I`ve decided to ban them until better times come.

8. where are commands like these listed? everything seems outdated on these forums
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457896751][/DOUBLEPOST]
    like, i found this, but it's from it's from Jan 12, 2015 and it doesn't have oxide.show in it so is also outdated? i'm new so i have no idea what all the available commands are for the console from experience like others do

Server commands for Rust | Oxide

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If a plugin users permissions, they are listed on the plugin's download page. The Docs link at the top of the page has all of the commands Oxide provides.

10. after some tinkering finally was able to figure out the permissions, got some nice permissions set up for owner, admin, moderator and player now :) thanks :D

11. just checking, there is still no file for groups??

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is, but it's not meant to be manually edited/read. Oxide provides console commands for everything.

13. Im so use to the mincraft side of things. I like the idea of being abel to see what the ranks have, is there a way to do so?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can use the 'show' console command and arguments for it.

15. How do I add a PERMISSION

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Add a permission to what?

17. I'm starting to get into rust server hosting, (I come from years of Minecraft server management) and while trying to learn permissions I ran into a problem. I much prefer having an editable file for permissions rather that though a console command. Is that possible? I see the oxide.groups file, but it seems to completely un-editable. Having a file that can be manipulated would be a huge lifesaver for the eventual goal of the server. Am I completely SOL of is there a way to do this?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Editing it manually isn't supported, and it's in a Protobuf format which is not intended to be manually edited.

19. Why though? Especially since it looks like that used to be an option and then was changed. Having an editable permissions file is infinitely more convenient than doing it though console, especially for initial setup. What are the chances it could go back to an editable file? I just can't imagine why that functionality was taken away in the first place.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It was originally JSON, but there were too many users having issues with that. There's some former discussion threads about it. You could easily import JSON if you'd really like to overwrite existing permissions, otherwise you can use a Protobuf editor.