1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

2. bugger, only just finished updating to v111 :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413911043][/DOUBLEPOST]Big thanks to all the guys involved getting oxide updated so quick, your efforts are greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  3. Have v164 oxide installed and also VC redist 2012 64/86 installed.

Get this error and server locks CPU.
    Code:
    FileNotFoundException: Could not load Oxide root configuration
      at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Interface.Initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Bootstrap.Initialization () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Bootstrap+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename:  Line: -1)
    Any fixes?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't have oxide.root.json in your server's root. It's included in the snapshots and repo. You need it, as it's the configuration file for Oxide.

5. Doesn't look like OnPlayerSpawn is fired every time a player dies and respawns. Works fine on the connection sequence but if you F1 kill, then respawn does not fire off OnPlayerSpawn.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I think that's been on ongoing issue. @thomasfn

7. I have oxide.root.json in /Release or is it supposed to be somewhere else.

I have simply extracted the v164 into the release folder.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yup! that's where it goes. Did you modify it at all?

ef6ff2067fea8ecc23c9e9b2b9b2524b.png

9. No modification we simply have the zip extracted by tcadmin.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Hmmm, you aren't running from that directory are you? You are trying to start it from outside of it which I do not believe works unless you change the directory into it first. You may be able to get around this if you edit oxide.root.json to include the full path for ExtensionDirectory.@thomasfn

11. thanks...

12. I have been "testing" Blue Fang Solutions for my new Rust Oxide Server and I can state at this point, they are the best ISP I have worked with yet! Extremely responsive and able to accommodate anything I have needed so far for development and running of my Oxide Rust Server. After the nightmares I had on legacy rust ISP's this is a big welcome.

I highly recommend them. You don't have direct access to the start job but they will change your command in a couple of minutes, etc...they are EXTREMELY fast to respond and know what they are doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
  13. Wulf, that Github link you just did, is that something that can just be downloaded and copied to the server?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, those are compiled builds.

15. I just dropped this onto my server, and server won't start up when I did it. :-(

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your logs then, you're either missing a file or you are missing Visual C++ 2012 x64 as per the instructions in this thread.

17. Private Messaged you.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If anyone is interested in a more complicated, yet organized setup...

My batch script for Windows with moved save and log, and dated Rust log:
    Code:
    @echo off
    set IDENTITY="wulf"
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -server.hostname "Oxide Server" -server.port 28015 +server.identity %IDENTITY% +server.maxplayers 100 -logFile "server/%IDENTITY%/logs/rust_%DATE:~-7,2%-%DATE:~-10,2%-%DATE:~-4,4%.txt"
    My shell script for Linux with moved save and log, and dated Rust log:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    IDENTITY="wulf"
    RustDedicated -batchmode -server.hostname "The Wulf Den" -server.port 28015 +server.identity $IDENTITY +server.maxplayers 100 -logFile "server/${IDENTITY}/logs/rust_`date +"%d-%m-%Y"`.txt"
    My Oxide config with changed config path and merging of files:
    Code:
    {
        "ExtensionDirectory":     "RustDedicated_Data\\Managed",    "PluginDirectory":        "plugins",
        "ConfigDirectory":        "cfg",
        "DataDirectory":        "data",
        "LogDirectory":            "logs",    "InstanceCommandLines":
        [
            "{oxide.directory}",
            "server\\{server.identity}",
            "server"
        ]
    }

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  19. Edit: disregard as I saw how in a post above mine ><

Great guide ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
  20. Is there some Way to reload the plugins without restarting the server?