1. <facepalm> This now makes sense why my server version doesn't match oxide, I kept thinking oxide was behind and waiting for someone to update.. lol. I did try without the switch briefly too but followed other advice whilst hunting down what was eventually the need to be anon login for steamcmd. Thanks for directing me there!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The anon login is still used, but you don't need -beta development or -beta experimental.

3. I need help setting up my server from gameservers.com Is it possible to get Oxide 2.0 on it? When I look in ftp only 2 folders exist, cfg and save. Is that normal?

I know wul has the guide to do it locally, would that work for a remote server?

Thanks for any help that is given. I am a noob at this stuff, but I understand directions.

Boomshay

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'll need to contact your host to either provide you with full access, or install the mod for you.

5. Okay. Thank you for timely response. Is there any host out there that is loading up Oxide 2.0 atm? Or still just old oxide.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I know PlayRust.eu supports it, and pretty much any host that gives you full server access would be able to use it as well.

7. Okay. Do you know anyone I could pay to do it for me. I have Paypal.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

To do what? The tutorial here gives you step-by-step if you want to install it on a server yourself. Hosts such as PlayRust.EU would install it for you, you'd just need to install plugins yourself via FTP or their filemanager.

9. Okay I will switch over to playrust then. Ty for your help. Is there a good guide to learn about Plugin creating anywhere?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most of the guides right now are for Oxide Legacy. If you'd like to learn how to make plugins, I'd suggest looking at Lua tutorials via Google, and then look at the existing plugins to see how things work.

11. okay Ty Man. One last question, while your here. Rcon? does it work currently. I cant get Rusty to work with experimental/

12. You should be able to get Rusty working. I have it working both locally and remotely on experimental. Facewound is actively updating Rusty for experimental now and just added additional features today. Check the Rusty thread here:
    http://oxidemod.org/threads/rusty-server-rcon-administration-tool.543/page-28

13. Yeah I posted in the thread but no one responded.

14. What modification would it require as Tcadmin loads it like this.

Release\RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -cfg "server\DefaultServer\cfg\server.cfg" +rcon.ip 37.187.73.193

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are trying to run them all from one install, then look at my scripts on the previous page.

16. Each server has its own install location but TCadmin runs it like that.

17. Waiting new version for new build:)[DOUBLEPOST=1414242114][/DOUBLEPOST]Or explain how to work with oxide patcher :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  18. Has the steam update broke oxide? Since it updated nothing is working. I've already tried to update my server and the oxide but still nothing.

Thanks for reading

19. im too waiting patiently