1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you do any updates after installing it? Oxide is a mod, so it needs to always be installed after any updates. Also, checking your logs would be good, as the server mat not be actually starting.

2. I just totally set up the server from scratch again. still doesn't work. Like I install the server (actual version) and then I try to install the mod. still doesn't work

3. i have a problem

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you check your logs for any errors?

Please upload your oxide/log files and your -logfile file or Hurtworld_Data/output_log.txt.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  5. this??

Attached Files:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What is your exact startup script/command-line?

7. Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    :startHurtworld -batchmode -nographics -exec "host 12871;servername My Oxide Server"@echo.
    @echo Restarting server...
    @echo.
    goto start

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure the server is fully updated via SteamCMD?

9. Lax

Lax

Sounds good Wulf, edited post to remove it.
    edit 2: yep made the proper changes :). Thanks for the help Wulf.
    I'll also add in a new script to start it without update every start in case they are running mods. Will make changes to the guide a bit by tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I removed the link, as you shouldn't be adding yourself as admin on everyone's server. ;)

I also wouldn't distribute steamcmd.exe, as that should be obtained from official sources. Updating each time before you start the server is also not something you should be doing when you plan on running any mods, such as Oxide (which many servers do). Both Oxide and Hurtworld's server come with startup scripts, which should be sufficient examples. If any other details need to be added, they could be added to the first post in this thread.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450058164][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have no problem with you linking it, but suggestions for improving the OP's thread here are always welcomed. I would still recommend removing your steamid in the script though at least, replacing it with a placeholder like the first post of this thread.

11. how to add identity

Attached Files:

12. Its automatic, reconnwct

13. i try so manytime but it same

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using a non-Steam version of the game?

15. my Hurtworld working only server hw.umbw.net
    my server and other not working
    this said: steam auth ticket failed basic validation

16. upload_2015-12-14_18-23-44.png

why server kick that player away what wrong in my server
    ...kicked players Player Cilent <18> but they had no identity...

17. Hey guys this consultation because I leaving this message in yellow?

Attached Files:

18. Fzi

Fzi

Hello, my server is the default number is 50 people, I would like to upgrade to 100 people, how should set up, thank you

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That will generally happen with unofficial clients. Are you getting it when you connect?

You can report it to the game developers or ignore it, it's not an error or an issue with the server.

I wouldn't recommend it. Hurtworld will start blacklisting servers that do that soon.

That can happen if that players is using a non-Steam client. There a may be other reasons, but that is a common one.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  20. Are 12871 and 12881 on TCP/UDP the only 2 ports that needs to be open? Without DMZ seems like my server doesn't show on the Community List, since my friend cant see it, only if I use DMZ...