Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,370 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. i keep getting this error in log

(19:44:15) | Failed to call hook 'cmdChangeElement' on plugin 'Quests v2.1.8' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)

2. The reward for completing a quest is issued 2 times. fix please.

3. Fix please
    Screenshot_1.jpg

4. k1lly0u updated Quests with a new update entry:

5. Hi
    Brill plugin but got an issue since betterchat split into BetterChat + Betterchatmute don't know why but this is causing an issue with the mute / unmute as it does not work with them not sure if its something on your end or betterchatmutes end I will also be posting in there

6. Hi I tested this plugin for my server today and I just found out you can use it as a duplication glitch. Any tips on how not to duplicate item reward? The thing is I created the quest and then I finished the quest myself and got 2x the stuff from the rewards. I am concerned that the players on my server exploit this glitch.

7. It would be a great feature to limit active quests. My players seem to just have them all active at once and it's too easy I think to just rack them up. It would also be a cool feature to be able to put a time limit on a quest, like kill X bears in 30 mins. That would add some additional challenge to a quest. Timed quests might even be big enough of a thing to create a new type all together. Great plugin. Thanks!

8. Hey,

some lang translations don't work for example cant change title and background title Screenshot this one and status messages pending and completed cant change them too.

9. Hello, I just installed Quests with all the required plugins. When I type /q in the chat, nothing happens. I'm auth2. What am I doing wrong?

10. Hi,
    all other plugins are Optional Dependencies.
    If you want you can use it standalone.
    Try to write on console: "oxide.reload Quests" without quote and see what the console return.
    I think you have some issue when you load Quests plugin.

11. Thank you for the reply!
    This is what returned:
    Quests was compiled successfully in 3035ms
    Unloaded plugin Quests v2.2.0 by k1lly0u
    Loaded plugin Quests v2.2.0 by k1lly0u
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

12. Have you already used this plugin? Try to go into the oxide config folder and delete quests.json, then try to reload the script.
    If it's the first time that you use this script, try to see if you use the last oxide version.

13. Thank you! I did that and now it works. I appreciate it!

14. Don't worry. I think you used an old version on this script. Remember to edit into the config folder the file quests.json if you used for example a NPC, you need to change the value:
    "UseNPCVendors": true

15. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  16. Is there a way to clear out your quests? I have a quest that is stuck as I was trying to figure out the Vendor/Delivery quests and reset all my Quests files while a quest was in progress. Now when I recreate the quests and try to pickup the new one, it says I have a quest in progress... yet I can't see any quests in my Delivery or Quests in the GUI.

Attached Files:

17. you have already a delivery mission in progress. Call the Quest menu with /q, go into delivery tab, then remove it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487679217][/DOUBLEPOST]anyone with the same issue? When I open the quests gui with admin permission I see all buttons and it's right!
    But when a user open the Quests gui, the DELIVERY tab doesn't show.

18. Thank you for the reply Lelendoo. This is what I meant in saying that I can't see any quests in the Delivery or Quest GUI. In other words, when I do /q in the chat and pull up the quest GUI, nothing is in any of the tabs for me. So my question is more around if there is a way to clear it out from the server side. I've tried deleting the entire plugin and removing all folders, but I'm not sure if the quests are stored with the userdata or another plugin.

Thanks again for the reply.

19. Ok, try in this way:
    from the console, unload the quests (oxide.unload Quests)
    go into /oxide/data/Quests and edit the file quests_players.json; on PlayerProgress find your ID the delete all entries
    then try to reload the plugin (oxide.reload Quests) from the console

20. Thank you Lelendo... That totally worked!!! Maybe you can answer one more question.

I have noticed that my vendor and delivery icons aren't showing on the map. I have created some png icon and dropped into the custom icon folder under LustyMaps (had to do this since the link in Overview doesn't work anymore for the custom icons download), but nothing shows on the map when I accept a delivery quest. Any ideas? All other icons are showing, even the supply drops.