Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,370 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. Couple questions...

1. I have loaded my vendor and delivery custom icon's into the custom folder for LustyMaps, but they aren't showing on the map... any idea what can be done? The icon's aren't ones supplied in the Overview as the link doesn't seem to work any longer. I can also tried reload through the console both LustyMaps and Quests plugins.

2. Is there a way on a Delivery Quest to hardcode in the JSON file which vendor they must go to for completion of the quest? It is set to random by default, correct?

2. Are you sure that you put the icons into the right folder? oxide/data/LustyMap/custom
    For the second question, yes. It's a random.
    Please could you tell me if with a normal user account you can see the delivery tab into the quest gui? On my server I only see the quest tabs but not the delivery button (all tabs with admin account)

3. Yeah, I have the icon's in the right folder. Do you have access to the original icons included in the Overview link? Maybe it's the icons I had to make that are causing an issue with size of file or landscape.

Also, I'll have to check tonight with one of the normal users and get back to you. But as an admin, I see all the buttons.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487694757][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Actually, now that I re-read the Overview, it seems that there might have been several icons included in the CHAOS_CODE link.

<From the Overview Page>

LustyMap Delivery and Quest vendor icon support
    Download the icons here => Plugin Attachments | CHAOS_CODE
    • You must extract the icons to the oxide/data/LustyMap/custom folder prior to adding any vendors
    • When you add a new vendor a new icon will automatically appear on the map
    • There is enough delivery vendor icons for 15 vendors. I have included the .psd if you want to modify or add more icons

4. Ok, sorry for this error, I check into my server folder.
    I've the deliveryicon and the vendoricon on this folder oxide/data/lustymap/questicons

5. Really? I don't have a "questicons" folder. Should I add one?

6. Of course. You can create any sub folders. If this isn't use don't cause issue. For example if you want to backup some config file, you can create into oxide/config a new folder for example oxide/config/backup and move config file into this sub folder.
    I checked now into my server (sorry but I'm at job) and I use the questions folder only for backup.
    I found your problem. Try in this way:
    Copy all icons removing the file extension. See my photo attached

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  7. I see what it's doing. Is there any way you can zip up your "customs" folder and link it from dropbox or in this thread for download? The PSD file would also be useful to have.

8. Attached the required files

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  9. Would love to request that you can designate the delivery vendor for a delivery quest. Or could be cool to have a new /npc command to a specific npc ID that doesn't have to be a vendor, but someone that you can delivery the quest to. This would help in moving a story forward for questing.

10. Contact me on steam. It's too long on this way.

11. Love this idea!

UPDATE REQUEST:

Quest Giver
    NPC have just one quest. (Like the delivery quest, it pops up a small window and you can take the quest or not.) that has its own cooldown.

Kill quest:
    1. When you create the quest kill, can you target an npc by target ID and not just any player.

Delivery quest:
    1. have the quest target [Delivery Vendor by ID], so that quest will always be at the same location.
    2. edit a delivery quest
    3. remove npc as delivery vendor
    4. Have cooldown

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  12. k1lly0u updated Quests with a new update entry:

13. I second all this!!! It would be so helpful and fix a lot of the scenarios we are trying to create!!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488160709][/DOUBLEPOST]Question...

I could be remembering things incorrectly, but I thought when you set the config for "UseNPCVendors": true, the quests were only accessible from an NPC? Either this doesn't seem to be working, or you have made it where Admin's can still access quests via the /q chat command.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

14. What is it from what?
    Code:
    20:33 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdChangeElement' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.1' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    20:33 [Stacktrace]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,Oxide.Plugins.Quests+PlayerQuestInfo].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.CreateStatEntry (.BasePlayer player, Oxide.Plugins.QuestEntry entry, Int32 num) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.PlayerStats (.BasePlayer player, Int32 page) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.cmdChangeElement (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

15. I have this problem

Code:
    Unloaded plugin Quests v2.2.1 by k1lly0u
    (23:17:13) | Loaded plugin Quests v2.2.1 by k1lly0u
    (23:17:13) | Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

16. Vnuk & plidos, did you try:
    server console: unload Quests
    delete pathtoservers\server\serveridentity\oxide\config\Quests.json
    and also delete the map pathtoservers\server\serveridentity\oxide\data\Quests
    server console: load Quests

17. This plugin is awsome but it is way too buggie right now.
    I wish it would save some of the quests in config as well so people can easily edit some stuff.

I recently removed a quest, and my character still had it in him.

Also it does not work well with wipes.

18. found a bug with the quest when you have completed the task unplug the Internet cable press the button 10 times quickly include the cable and you have done the quest 10 times. fix please

19. Completed a quest and tried to open the menu, but got this error:

Failed to call hook 'cmdOpenMenu' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

Then I tried to reload the plugin and got this error:

Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)