Portals

Create portals allowing players to walk through to another location

Total Downloads: 3,764 - First Release: Jul 16, 2015 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

5/5, 17 likes
  1. If you mean the one by wulf, that one was already applied officially, so you should be fine. Check your logs or console if there is any error appearing when loading the plugin.

2. Hi Lazer, thanks for such a quick response,

Here is the rror: [Oxide] 9:45 AM [Error] Portals.cs(96,128): error CS1061: Type `string' does not contain a definition for `ToFloat' and no extension method `ToFloat' of type `string' could be found. Are you missing `Facepunch' using directive?

I can see that a couple of others had the same issue which the upload from Wulf fixed - How do I apply this?

Also worth noting that the versions are different, the plugin on CF is 1.3.01 not 1.3.03?

I have attached both screenshots to this post,

Attached Files:

3. Then, your host propably does not provide the latest version.
    You should be able to upload a cs file using FTP.

4. Hi Lazer, I just wanted to keep you updated so you could advise any other people,

Clanforge/Multiplay have now updated the addon to 1.3.03! Hazah! Only took two days, I was quite impressed with the response time. Now the plugin is in and all installed I receive the following:

"Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] Portals was compiled successfully in 4538ms
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] Loaded plugin Portals v1.3.3 by LaserHydra
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'Portals v1.3.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.Loaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] Unloaded plugin Portals v1.3.3 by LaserHydra
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] No previous version to rollback plugin: Portals"

Interestingly all the commands are still not recognised -

Displaying "Command Not Found"..

Am I still missing something? Once again thanks for the help.. =]

5. You may need to generate new data and config files.

6. Thanks Ayrin, will remove them now and reload the plugin,

7. You can simply use the console command "portals.wipe", this will also backup it

8. Thanks Guys,

Did both portals.wipe in console and removed the data+config files, no joy :/

All commands related to Portals aren't found - did all of the above plugin load work as expected?

"Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] Portals was compiled successfully in 4538ms
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] Loaded plugin Portals v1.3.3 by LaserHydra
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'Portals v1.3.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.Loaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] Unloaded plugin Portals v1.3.3 by LaserHydra
    [Oxide] 5:39 PM [Info] No previous version to rollback plugin: Portals"

Any ideas?
    Well I am an idiot^^ It clearly says unloaded before, I thought this was resolved between 1.3.02 and 1.3.03?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  9. Do you have access to download the .cs of Portals that you have installed right now? So we can see if there's anything up with that. Because I'm running on the latest version that's here on Oxide (with light modding for messages) and it's working fine. It's also reporting as v1.3.3, which is why I'm a little dumbfounded as to why yours wouldn't be working.

10. Hi Ayrin,

This is the one - it also appears that it isnt creating the portalsback.json either..

Attached Files:

11. It's strange, I can't really find any discrepancy in it. Not sure what the portalsback.json is supposed be. But since it isn't loading you need to remove the config .json and the data .json manually. Just want to confirm that it's actually called Portals.cs in the Plugins folder and not Portals (1).cs. I would also suggest you remove the one on the server before you add the new on to see if that makes a difference.

12. Thanks Ayrin, I can't work it out, hopefully with the oxide update it works!

If not I will have a look at other option set-ups!

Keep you updated tomorrow,

13. Remove the (1) from the script name this works for me just installed it made both json files

Attached Files:

14. Hi Resistance what/which server hosting are you using or are you running your own dedicated server?

15. Since SLEEPGOD is broken and your players can be looted while they are in the Portal "SLEEP" phase of the teleport. you can do what I did and open the portals.cs file and look for the call to "PutToSleep(player);" around line 335. I commented that line out and it now forces the players to show up alive and standing and can't be looted.

16. If you are using ZoneManager to try to apply sleepgod you can instead apply noplayerloot which will disallow looting of sleeping players online or not.

17. After the latest update on Thursday 25th all of the portals are now invisible. I've verified that the config hasn't changed and even restored it from a backup with no effect. Did something change in rust that needs to be updated in the mod?

18. I believe that the smoke prefab that is being used by default has changed name or location and that's why they are now invisible.

19. THanks for all your help guys, It turned out to be the server hosting that had the issue with portals. Once I had changed my server hosting and managing the FTP files manually the portals config worked perfectly.

20. I updated the mod to use "assets/bundled/prefabs/fx/impacts/additive/fire.prefab" on lines 100 & 104 of the Portals.cs file which has made the portals again visible in game. For my use of them it also has the added benefit of providing an auditory queue to the portals location to my players.