Player Challenges

Allows titles to be set when certain criteria are met, with a UI Leader board

Total Downloads: 5,608 - First Release: Nov 11, 2015 - Last Update: May 5, 2018

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Haha yea me to, Thx ;)

2. How do you reset the rankings?

3. @mrsteej
    That's fixed in the next version, ive added a command to allow reset, I do however think that headshots are not working so just checking this before releasing it

4. Smoosher updated Player Challenges with a new update entry:

5. If I can make a suggestion, how about longest killshot?

6. @mrsteej I like it will see if i can add it in, next set is playtime based.

7. So do I need to make new groups for this to work not enough info on the overview if someone can explain it all in more detail

8. Just wanted to tell you that I have added loads of API methods to BetterChat. Should take a look at it.

9. @Resistance Thanks for the feedback, apologies the overview is not clear enough for you. I have added some items to the FAQ that will hopefully help any further questions.

However in essence currently all the plugin looks for is an oxide group and it will assign that user to the oxide group when they are a winner.

So from a BetterChat point of view you will have to setup the BetterChat Groups, assign the BetterChat permission to the OxideGroup and then ensure you have the oxide group name in the config.

That may change however as Laser says he has added some API stuff :) Cheers @LaserHydra

10. No problem dude :)
    Better Chat for Rust Experimental - 3.4.0 | Oxide

11. Thx for the reply I did work it out after installing the plugin also can we add more categories ourselves or does that need to be added into the script

12. How do I exactly add oxide groups to the config file? right now i have the group set up in better chat. and the group set up in permissions, however, when a player gets one of the titles it doesn't switch there Title or colors. for example I have:

oxide group Sharpshooter set up for the headshot, I added Sharpshooter to the BCheadshot line in the .json, and Gave the permission color_sharpshooter on better chat. I have been using Better chat on my server. So im familiar with that. but not how to tie them together.

13. Code:
    [Oxide] 4:42 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v1.7.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 4:42 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.StripChallangeTitleName (System.String type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.CheckIfNewLeader (.BasePlayer player, System.String type, Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.UpdateChallenge (.BasePlayer player, System.String type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.AnimalKills (.BaseCombatEntity Victim, .HitInfo Attacker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.ChallengeCheck (.BaseCombatEntity victim, .HitInfo Attacker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.OnEntityDeath (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Getting this error idk why though its random

14. You may want to adjust soon the permission
    Oxide Core v2.0.1684

Code:
    [12/28/2015 7:08:47 PM] [Oxide] 7:08 PM [Warning] Permission 'canresetplayerchallenges' (by plugin Player Challenges) is not prefixed with plugin name, should be 'playerchallenges.canresetplayerchallenges'

15. [12/30/2015 3:30:44 PM] [Oxide] 3:30 PM [Warning] Missing plugin name prefix 'playerchallenges. for permission 'canresetplayerchallenges' (by plugin 'Player Challenges')

16. Open the .cs file go to the permission line and just adjust it.

17. What do i change it to?

18. From
    canresetplayerchallenges
    To
    playerchallenges.canresetplayerchallenges

19. please help i cant figure out how to make this work with beter chat ?

how do config better chat for this ?

20. i added the plugin , but they dont work . why ?