1. I have another question. that doesn't really have anything to do with this thread, however how do I find the ip for the server? I want to use the admin program "Rusty".

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ipcow.com, google.com, etc.

3. How can I connect to oxide rcon ??

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to write a program that makes use of it.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

6. I thought he might be asking for the wrong thing like some do as he is not English

7. I would like to use oxide rcon to connect to the hurtworld server

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think there are any public tools for that, but @Austinv900 may have one for it.

9. Thank you. I will contact him

I can't write a private message to him :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  10. I heard my name called. I have a small rcon client for the oxide protocol but it's really simple. basically only shows console output and allows you to send chat messages and command.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494874923][/DOUBLEPOST]I know @Vfloyd said something about possibly implementing this into RustAdmin but I haven't heard anything back for a while

I got some documentation on the protocol right here if someone wants to take the initiative and make a good client (Documentation)

11. If the modded value is changed to "false", and your oxide server is successfully populating in the Community servers section (admin modifications only of course), what are the chances that this config file can be unintentionally or inadvertently defaulted back to "true" due to an Oxide update or something?

If I successfully modify this file and get a server in the Community tab, do I need to constantly be keep an eye on the oxide config file to be sure that it still says "false" each and every update?

To be clear, my only desire is to have reserved slots added to my server while remaining purely vanilla, so I think I am within acceptable limits for this scenario.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unless you modify it, it is unlikely to be reverted.

13. Oxide moved the config file into the oxide directly. Since that folder isn't touched during updates there is nothing to worry about. Though on the other hand. If you change a startup variable your oxide folder might change witch will generate a new config file.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495210550][/DOUBLEPOST]God damn @Wulf give us a turn at the whole oxide support ;)

14. Code:
    witch
    wɪtʃ/Submit
    noun
    a woman thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones, popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat and flying on a broomstick.
    synonyms:    sorceress, enchantress, occultist, necromancer, Wiccan; More
    informal
    an ugly or unpleasant woman.
    "he can marry the old witch for all I care"
    synonyms:    hag, crone, harpy, harridan, termagant, she-devil; More
    verb
    cast an evil spell on.
    "Mrs Mucharski had somehow witched the house"
    :)

15. I hate Grammer Nazies. Lol <3 you @Resistance

16. What do you mean by startup variable? Something in Oxide? Or something in the actual native server config?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495364991][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Does that mean if I modify "Modded": true to false, it will be reverted?

Basically I'm wondering if I will need to re-modify this file each week if/when Oxide updates.

17. The config file is no longer bundled and is instead generated only if it is missing so you will not have to change the options again each week.

18. hi wulf
    sine all change i dont know where to upload my plugins ? before there was an oxide files now icant find it
    please help

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's in your server root under oxide/plugins if your host does not have +oxide.directory set to somewhere else.