OnScreenLogo

The small plugin that allows you to put your own logo on the players screen

Total Downloads: 1,353 - First Release: Aug 16, 2017 - Last Update: Sep 21, 2017

5/5, 9 likes
  1. Thx for the fast response Vlad.
    osl.refresh do the trick.

2. And again - you've tried some ways and it worked... Dude - why haven't you contact me, so I can see what the problem is? As I said - I cannot reproduce it, no matter what I'm doing....

3. after update OSL is not longer showing up.
    I shut down server, removed plugin, remove cfg, cleaned storage, rebooted and shut down, added plugin and:
    Code:
    OnScreenLogo was compiled successfully in 2217ms
    [OnScreenLogo] Generating default configuration file...
    Loaded plugin OnScreenLogo v1.1.5 by Vlad-00003
    Reloaded the OSL and got

Code:
    [OnScreenLogo] Downloading image...
    [OnScreenLogo] Image download is complete.
    config

Code:
    {
      "Image. Link or name of the file in the data folder": "https://image.ibb.co/mpZosR/VTGLOGO4.png",
      "Maximum anchor": "0.075 0.9999",
      "Minimum anchor": "0.001 0.9450"
    }

4. try osl.refresh and you relog

5. the osl.refresh isn't necessary if he did remove the data file.

I've heard about the simular problems - as I know the rust has moved to the different way of soring the images - they are now being packed to the database file, insted of saving them all to the storage folder.

I'm sorry, but I can't really do much about it right now - my PC is broken and I'm waiting for the new motherboard to come. I have no idea how much time it would take, since it's coming from the over part of the world so... Yeah. That kinda s*cks...
    Then it would come I would re-write the image storing part of the plugin, hopfully this would solve this issues.

6. Can some one tell me what the max resolution can be used for a logo?
    Want to use 300 x 180, maybe smaller.

7. literraly any.
    It only depends on quality you want, but actally - the smaller the better, as it would be downloaded faster to the client =)

You have to play a while on the site mentioned in the FAQ section.

8. Omfg......i have to stop working on Server when i have already 23 hours behind me.....
    Thanks a lot Vlad! Not noticed the Width - Height bar....
    I go to take a nap :p

9. Let's just pretend I'm completely stupid here for a minute... I'm not getting this to work no matter what I do. I've been able to get other plugins to work, so I know I'm not a complete idiot. I think I might need a full on step by step, lol. I've tried with an image URL and using the data folder. I've tried to copy and paste directly over the sample URL, and I've tried it as shown in the code sample with the ":", but it gives me an error saying it's expecting an ")" or a ",". I really like the idea of this plugin and would love to get it to work. Thanks in advance!

10. Wait, what? Ok, first things first - are you sure that the plugin is loaded?
    Can you post your config file here (just use CODE tag)?

11. Code:
     GetConfig("Image. Link or name of the file in the data folder": "ftp://[email protected]/1389631/ruste/oxide/data/30546419_10216784477343842_659385512_o.jpg");
                GetConfig("Minimum anchor", ref Amin);
                GetConfig("Maximum anchor", ref Amax);
                if (!ImageAddress.ToLower().Contains("http"))
    That's of course the version with it in the data file. The only difference is the URL when I don't use the one in the data folder. Error message reads (17:20:29) | Error while compiling: OnScreenLogo.cs(38,74): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `:', expecting `)' or `,'

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Why are you editing the plugin directly? You should be editing the config file.

13. I guess this is the part where we take out the "pretend" that I'm completely stupid. I've opened the .cs file, and even the .json, clicked edit, and changed the location that matched the code featured in the thread. My server has only been up for 1 week as of today, I'm totally new at this ( no excuse, just, yeah, total newb)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2018
  14. in your server, inside of the "oxide" folder there is also a bunch of the folder. Especially - "config". You have to edit the *.json file that has the same name as the plugin =)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1523743147][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That also applies to almost every plugin here. If it has configuratable values - they would be there. Ofc, some plugins doesn't have the config. But there is not that many of them.

15. Scratch that last reply. I got it to reeload and it created the config file. I edited it, and used the refresh command, but I'm still only getting the sample image originally in the file.
    Code:
    {
      "Image. Link or name of the file in the data folder": "https://s7.postimg.cc/4zk0trgnv/received_10216784477343842.jpg",
      "Maximum anchor": "0.34 0.105",
      "Minimum anchor": "0.26 0.025"
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2018
  16. Try to use osl.refresh command in the server console. I don't honestly remember if I made it so the image would be automaticly redownloaded after changing the link in the config.

17. Yeah, I've tried that. I'm thinking this plugin justisn't going to work for me. Thanks for trying, I appreciate your help and fast replies.

18. o_O
    You'r giving up way to fast =_=
    Post your config so I can see it =)

19. It's three posts up :) That's the same.
    Code:
    {
      "Image. Link or name of the file in the data folder": "https://s7.postimg.cc/4zk0trgnv/received_10216784477343842.jpg",
      "Maximum anchor": "0.34 0.105",
      "Minimum anchor": "0.26 0.025"
    }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1523933791][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the commands aren't working... maybe I'm missing something. Is there a grant permission command needed like some of the other plugins? Neither osl.refresh nor OnScreenLogo.refresh seem to do anything

20. Neither? there is only one command - osl.refresh. And it require permission "OnScreenLogo.refresh" to use it in the game's console. After executing the command you should get the confirm message in the server console. So it's better to run this command in the server cmd directly if you have an access to it.