Magic Loot

Simple components multiplier & loot system

Total Downloads: 13,477 - First Release: Nov 13, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 2, 2017

5/5, 44 likes
  1. use BetterLoot for Rust | Oxide instead. this plugin meant to be as simple as possible to adjust multiplication rates of loot tables.

2. I'm assuming you guys are asking to have blueprints and regular items excluded from crates and barrels, back to how it was before the blueprint update. The mod is currently not capable of doing that. I have some ideas for simple implementations to accomplish this since it seems to be in demand, but tomorrow's patch is gonna include some minor code changes to how loot is determined. I wanted to wait and see FacePunch's code for this change before I make anymore changes.

3. No I would like able to put better loot in barrels and crates instead of all the junk. When are we going to use Duct tape and bleach? Sticks are found for no reason. Are these things going to be used sometime in the future? If so why are we getting them now?

4. Sounds like you have ExtraLoot enabled and VanillaLootTablesOnly set to false. That means it is using the \data\MagicLoot.json tables. You need to set the items you don't want to spawn to a max of 0. That will prevent them from spawning.

The main config in \config\MagicLoot.json lists those useless components because the code auto generates the list of components to include from Rust itself. And this list only multiplies what is already spawned into containers.

5. Thanks I knew you would have a good answer

6. "Failed to initialize plugin 'MagicLoot v0.1.20' (ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source)"
    Pls help

7. We even had it when there was no single player on our server so, when we removed the plugin it's okay again ;)

8. Well then that is very strange, I went ahead and tested it anyway, I started the server without the mod, then increased junkpile spawning by 800% on a 6k map, took note of the entity count, then activated the mod with settings to spawn an extra 14 items in every containers, no difference in entity count. I have no idea how it is increasing entity count on your server.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508440659][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hmm, this is a very vague error. Can you provide me with your \config\MagicLoot.json and your \data\MagicLoot.json files so I can try to reproduce the error?

9. I don't have any problem since update, for me

10. Hmmm refresh doesnt work at all. I have it set to true. Never any refresh in console like the old plug in. Als im STILL only getting 2 items per barrel. No matter if i set it in the CFG or not. Really really frustrated with these changes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508444502][/DOUBLEPOST]I can set min and max to custom values and reload and they will work . A few minutes later .. vanilla loot tables once again. Whats going on?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508444821][/DOUBLEPOST]Did someone say the older versions of the old plug in were working? I would be keen to try that over this. Sorry Kuna . This isnt working out for me.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508445754][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: Old version runs perfect. Just what I needed. :)

11. <strike>The refresh debug doesn't report</strike> anymore because that system has been deprecated. Norn put it in because it was a bandaid solution to another issue where loot would get bugged out when Rust itself tried to refresh it. Overall, the new oxide hook allows the mod to use Rust's refresh system itself.

If you're switching back to the old version of the mod, that's fine, but you'll have to deal with that bug.

As for you mentioning
    Did you change the general ExtraLoot min/max settings? or loot crate specific ones? Do you have VanillaLootTables only enabled? Your report isn't descriptive enough for me to work off of.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
  12. Because I'm repeating myself over and over you've over complicated this simple plugin. If I wanted long winded I'd use loot config or pay for alpha loot. Magic loot was meant to be a very simple solution and now it's a mess.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508447139][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm sorry to take this stance but this is how I feel.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508447338][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I've no idea what bug as I'm getting zero issues. No console spam. Only the loot I wanted. Thanks norn.

13. lol, the config simply has extra options, it is the same plugin as before. But w/e, good luck to you.

14. why am i getting this ?
    [MagicLoot] Did not find in list: loot_barrel_1

15. loot_barrel_1 doesn't show up on your list of containers in the config, but is spawned on your server. So the MagicLoot is treating it as disabled. You can either add it to the list of Containers (at the bottom of the config) and set to true/false for enabled, or set ReportMissingConfigCrates to false to disable the messages completely.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508467554][/DOUBLEPOST]It is basically a warning to let you know MagicLoot doesn't know what to do with it, so it is treating it as disabled. I'll update the warning message in next release to be more clear.

16. thanks ill wait seems when i mess w things i end up spending more time trying to fix it lol

as long as its working its all i care about :)

17. If you post your config, I don't mind making the change to add it for you.

18. ok this is first time for me so bare w me lol

Attached Files:

19. Here ya go, if you have any other questions about the config, please feel free to ask.

Also fyi, keep in mind that multipliers stack. So you can have general multiplier * item multiplier * crate multiplier.

Attached Files:

20. [MagicLoot] Did not find in list: loot-barrel-1
    [MagicLoot] Did not find in list: trash-pile-1
    [MagicLoot] Did not find in list: loot-barrel-1
    now it gets this lol