LootConfig

Allows you to adjust the server's loot list

Total Downloads: 14,960 - First Release: Mar 27, 2015 - Last Update: May 20, 2018

5/5, 21 likes
  1. I'm talking about items in boxes barrels and air drops

2. anyone got a good set up for a x3 server? will tip if its good =) i seem to make too weak or too strong =(

3. Is there any way to disable LootConfig from affecting certain loot tables? I literally just want to use LootConfig to edit the Helicopter crate loot tables and continue using my already configured BetterLoot for everything else.

4. Hello!

Are you able to add a MinDefinitionsToSpawn - Only 1 item spawn in a box can be a drag on a server like mine!

Also something that could spawn everything in a list before spawning the same item again would be great!

Does the DistributeFragments use one of your MaxDefinitionsToSpawn?

Thanks for the Great plugin with crazy good customisation!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  5. it says this in the console every time I load up the server:
    [Oxide] 20:24 [Error] LootConfig v1.0.9: Failed to load config file (is the config file corrupt?) (JsonToken EndObject is not valid for closing JsonType Array. Path 'Categories.['AK47 With Ammo'].Items', line 666, position 6.)

EDIT: nevermind I found the mistake in the coding and fixed it, I don't know if they was the mod author's mistake or mine because I have been editing the file

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  6. You need to fix the error on your config that you made upload it so it can be looked at

7. nvm! works ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2016
  8. Hello folks, so I made a pretty good lootconfig on my server before the last rustupdate. Now I completely reinstalled my server, wanted to copy & paste my lootconfig in it and my server is overwriting it with the default version every time I do this. Anyone has a fix for that? Or is it bugged somehow?

Worked fine before :(

Edit: Got it, had to change the version number :>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
  9. Hey man,

At the top of the Config you'll see some settings...

"Version": 1368,
    "VersionConfig": 5, <--- example dont use these.
    "WorldSize": 4000,
    "WorldSeed": 16520,

Change these in your old config to match what the newly generated one says then start up your server... i think that should work.

10. Hey,
    Does anyone knows how/if it is possible to change the ammount of blueprint fragments that gets droped from barrels?
    I found only one thing about fragments but when i change this it does only change the bp frags that are in those cardboxes.
    Cheers

11. Hello,
    i didnt find Pump Jack item in the config (mining.pumpjack) there is a way to add it manualyl ?
    Thx you for your awesome job :p

ps: sry for my bad english i am french

12. The Pump Jack does not currently work in the game, there would be no point adding it... However...

You'll need to add the item, then add the item to a loot category and then make sure that category is placed into a loot group.

13. If I say set Explosives to the amount: 250 Everytime explosives are dropped from barrels there are 250, how do I make it so 250 is max?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463814579,1463805612][/DOUBLEPOST]Some of my airdrops are dropping with nothing, is this common to happen? If I call in 5 planes its usually 2 or 3 planes that are messed up and dont drop anything
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463947102][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone have any idea why only airdrops have no loot sometimes?

Error message: LootContainer::populate Loot has a null inventory!!!

14. Barrels arent dropping blueprint fragments, can someone help me out with this ? :/

Attached Files:

15. @Abstuurz

It appears your script is correctly configured to make fragments spawn in all barrels. Are you sure there are *none* dropping from any barrel, ever? At the moment, it should distribute them, but on a random basis, which ends up being not-so-often.

If you're absolutely sure no barrels anywhere on your map are spawning fragments, I've attached a copy of the file with a modification that forces all barrel loot tables to roll for fragments alongside their normal loot. Bear in mind that if you're wrong and barrels are already spawning fragments, this may increase the rate to an undesirable degree.

---

It appears a lot of people are having difficulty configuring this mod. If you are having trouble with the way loot is being spawned, shoot me a PM with your config attached and a description of the issue and I'll have a look in my spare time.

@LG | Gamma

[DOUBLEPOST=1464040889][/DOUBLEPOST]
    To answer your first question, there is no way to set a "limit" with this plugin. Basically, this plugin works on a "rolling" basis, meaning it decides how to populate loot containers by "rolling the dice" and selecting categories of loot based on which category wins a given dice roll. Each different loot container has its own set of categories within which it rolls, with a unique "weight" for each category that designates when it will win/lose a given roll. Sometimes the categories are specific items; sometimes they are not, but rather categories within themselves that the rolling of the dice will be repeated in, in the event of that category winning the container's roll.

I can elaborate on that in a more technical way if you want, but that't the gist of it in laymen's terms. As for your airdrop questions, I'd have to take a peek at the config file to answer accurately.

---

@Reiniger

Using JSON Editor Online - view, edit and format JSON online , copy&paste your config file's code in the left column and click the arrow facing right.

On the right-hand side, expand the "object" category, then the "Categories" category.

Navigate the entry titled "Blueprint Fragments" within the "Categories" category and expand it. Within that "Blueprint Fragments" entry, expand the "Items" entry, and then expand the "0" entry within it. Change the value of the "Amount" field found within the "0" entry to a smaller value. Once you have changed the value, click the arrow pointing left located between the two columns, copy the code which is now on the left-hand side, paste it into your config file, save, and update the plugin as you normally do.

With this change, all loot containers which are set to distribute fragments should do so at a decreased rate relative to the amount you decreased the aforementioned number.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  16. So I have it kind of working for me. I am now trying to get barrels to drop more blueprint fragments when fragments are dropped. Also, is there any way to put a minimum number of items barrels and crates drop? Thanks!

Attached Files:

17. Hey, I've created a tool that will print statistics about the drop chances of all items in all loot containers according to the current loot configuration on a Rust server.

Sample output:

Code:
    assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/resource/loot/loot-barrel-1.prefab (blueprint fragments: yes)
      37.532% Nothing
      4.878% Bow And Arrow (arrow.wooden x5, bow.hunting)
      4.065% HQMetal (metal.refined x5)
      3.265% bucket.water (bucket.water)
      3.265% stonehatchet (stonehatchet)
      3.265% Torch (torch)
      2.439% Crossbow (arrow.wooden x5, crossbow)
      41.291% other (328)
    assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/resource/loot/loot-barrel-2.prefab (blueprint fragments: yes)
      26.940% Nothing
      2.057% syringe.medical (syringe.medical)
      2.057% Bandage (bandage)
    More information and source code available on GitHub

Please let me know if this could be of use to someone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  18. Will this plugin still work with the XP system?

19. (07:47:31) | [Oxide] 07:48 [Error] LootConfig plugin failed to compile!
    (07:47:31) | [Oxide] 07:48 [Error] LootConfig.cs(777,56): error CS1061: Type `LootSpawn' does not contain a definition for `blueprints' and no extension method `blueprints' of type `LootSpawn' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

20. Error report

Code:
    [07/08/2016 06:51:53] [Oxide] 06:51 [Error] Error while compiling LootConfig.cs(777,56): error CS1061: Type `LootSpawn' does not contain a definition for `blueprints' and no extension method `blueprints' of type `LootSpawn' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?