1. I've reinstalled OS on my server to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and now everything is working fine. I used default kernel (I'm in OVH too).

2. Hey, and you use LGSM?, or what you did? :p:p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1478342575][/DOUBLEPOST]Now it doesnt throw any errors but no .sav file is being generated, how can I generate it?, thanks.

3. The NullReferenceException with UpdateInventoryFromSchema is happening to everyone, and can be safely ignored.

The "Couldn't load server/rust-server/proceduralmap.3000.133777764.138.sav - file doesn't exist" message usually just means that it's a new server/wiped, and hasn't saved yet, so it can be safely ignored too.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1478345591][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So you were previously on the OVH provided custom kernel, but switch to a standard kernel, which fixed the segfaults/crashes?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1478345724][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The .sav file is generated when you save manually, or when the saveinterval triggers (every 300 seconds by default, I believe).

4. fixed: i reinstalled Debian 8.4 and I ticked: Original kernel (i have this option) ... by default is custom kernel ... now the servers are online ... i'm using OVH

Thanks TheViper3!

P.S.: - vanilla servers on Debian 8.4 + LGSM installation script + added the line export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/rust/serverfiles:/home/rust/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ;
    - with my modded servers i have no problems at the begining, i just added that line! (Same OVH)

5. Freaky is a best !!!

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Facepunch pushed out a build a few minutes ago to address this. Oxide was updated for it as well, so please update as able if you are having issues still.

7. The latest update didn't fix the problem for me if I run my server as the rust user.

If I run the server as root, everything works fine.

8. I tried it on a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 Server, crashes after a while with "Segmentation fault".

9. same problem for me, I tried to export new lib path and run the server manually, but it doesn't work
    I have to run the server as root for make it working

10. @Sir Eb make sure you've added this:
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/rust:/home/rust/RustDedicated_Data:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ;

at the beginning of your start script (before you start your server).
    Make sure to change the path to your install directory.

11. Serious facepunch !! ^^

12. That works, good that my normal dedis use Debian 8.4 and just run smooth as before, hopefully this is fixed soon enough without the need to use this additional line :)

13. running with not privileged user cause this:

Code:
    Nov  6 08:02:17 ns525033 kernel: RustDedicated[18925]: segfault at 6dbb5f95d190 ip 00006dbb60783157 sp 0000757cc25ac6e8 error 6 in libstdc++.so.6.0.20[6dbb606c5000+ec000]

14. Just one question for all server in the same case : everybody are on OVH server ?

15. I'm on OVH - Yes

16. yes ovh too

17. I'm using standard debian jessie, The server runs if i run it as a command line from console using my rust user, but if I attempt to run it via my /init.d/ script as the same rust user (I manage my services using Monit) it crashes out saying it cant find steamclient.so etc..

18. The segfault only affects OVH servers due to the OVH custom kernel. You can upgrade your kernel, which fixes the issue. Upgrading it means there's no need to reinstall.

If you know the risks, have backups etc. then here's how you upgrade the kernel (run these as root):
    Code:
    apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
    apt-get install linux-image-extra-virtual -y
    mv /etc/grub.d/06_OVHkernel /etc/grub.d/25_OVHkernel
    update-grub
    If it doesn't show any errors for any of the commands, you should be good to go, so feel free to reboot.

19. Nice one, only sad thing is i'm not using ovh and had the same error with stock kernel.

20. I updated the kernel now seems be stable (from 3.14 to 3.16)