1. Still not working
    [DOUBLEPOST=1478267081][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't know why Facepunch won't fix this, I think it's not hard to fix this problem.

2. Maybe they don't know about it )

3. It's posted on reddit and facepunch forums but still not fixed, I have Debian and won't change to another distro or Windows neither, they should fix it ASAP.

4. They do know about it. Multiple people have posted it on the Megathread on their Reddit (including me) and on their forum

5. No luck, still wont generate new map

Couldn't load server/rust-server/proceduralmap.2400.1739618333.138.sav - file doesn't exist

6. maybe wrong link? (/var/rust/serverfiles)
    What about libraries error in log?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  7. Nope, it's correct. Screenshot

8. For me it works only with "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/rust/serverfiles:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ;" but I'm using Slackware

9. They won't fix this sort of things ASAP because they don't care enough to set unit tests. They will just say "hey! it's a (3 years old...) Early Access! Things will get broken!"

10. Ok so this works on one of my servers but not the other:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/$USER/serverfiles:/home/$USER/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ;

both running Debian 8.x

Running it with the starup.sh file from serverfiles not the lgsm ./rustserver start command!

Here my complete example of the startup.sh file:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    clear
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/$USER/serverfiles:/home/$USER/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ;
    while :
    do
        echo "Starting server...\n"
        exec ./RustDedicated -batchmode -nographics \
        -server.ip 0.0.0.0 \
        -server.port 28015 \
        -rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 \
        -rcon.port 28016 \
        -rcon.password "xxxxxxxx" \
        -server.maxplayers 10 \
        -server.hostname "Uprising EU Test Server" \
        -server.identity "rust-server" \
        -server.level "Procedural Map" \
        -server.seed 12345 \
        -server.worldsize 4000 \
        -server.saveinterval 300 \
        -server.globalchat true \
        -server.description "Powered by Oxide" \
        -server.headerimage "http://i.imgur.com/xNyLhMt.jpg" \
        -server.url "http://oxidemod.org"
        echo "\nRestarting server...\n"
        sleep 10
    done

Good luck... I'm installing Windows back on my US main server! #FacepuchSUCKSASS

11. There are currently three distinct issues on the linux version. Note that these apply to at least Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian 8.

Yes, FP is aware of the issue, but the issue (and the fix) is unclear at this point, but it's related to the new Steamworks libraries.

1. Adjusting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH before starting the server (setting it to RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64 worked for me)
    2. [LGSM only] steamclient.so was moved from RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64 to the root, and apparently LGSM is trying to look for it and won't output the actual errors if it's not the x86_64 folder, so moving it there fixes this LGSM specific issue
    3. On OVH servers with OVH's custom kernels, RustDedicated segfaults, which doesn't seem fixable without changing to a standard kernel

12. Same issue here. :/

13. Same, currently using Linux steam 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u1 (2016-09-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before hand doesn't work either.

Just as we get a little bit of a loyal following on the server, we cant run the server anymore, typical!

14. Ubuntu 14.04
    Adding this to rustserver at start (I am using GameServerManagers script)
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/PATH/TO/SERVER/FILES:/PATH/TO/SERVER/FILES/RustDedicated_Data:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ;
    somehow works with some "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors at start.

Edit:
    Works with this too
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/PATH/TO/SERVER/FILES:/PATH/TO/SERVER/FILES/RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ;

15. Using Deb 3.x here. Got mine working by adding "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/serverfiles:/home/user/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH};" to my LSGM script. The libraries exist in those two directories. That's all you need. It's in the server browser too. If not, your path is incorrect.

16. Thank @TheDoc solved for my script, and ending to auto'shutdown RAKNET too on Debian8 :)

Best regard

17. i have the same problem on debian 7 :/

18. Same problem here too, Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS & LGSM, tried everything but nothing helps (export line (many different options), steamclient.so & libsteam_api64.so copied to Plugins/x86_64, modified executable="..." line, TheDoc script (always verifing install loop), vario start script...), this is my directory tree:

. ├── lgsm │ ├── default-configs │ │ └── server.cfg │ ├── functions │ │ ├── alert.sh... - justpaste.it

Somebody having/had the same issue in Ubuntu 16?, please I need help :p

Log start error:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    dlopen failed trying to load:
    steamclient.so
    with error:
    steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException:
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AssetBundle:Unload (bool)
    at FileSystem_AssetBundles.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

If I add this line to rustserver file then above error dissapear:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/rust2/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64;

But then it generate this error:

Couldn't load server/rust-server/proceduralmap.3000.133777764.138.sav - file doesn't exist

Thanks in advance.

PD: proceduralmap.3000.133777764.138.sav is not getting created, I started the server one time by manually creating that file but it went down after 1 min.

Attached Files:

19. I have try all solution and nothing for me ^^ always this error message :
    Code:
    Platform assembly: /home/gamemanager/RUST/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Data.dll (this message is harmless)
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at ServerMgr+<UpdateInventoryFromSchema>c__Iterator1E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0