1. This has been the problem I've been seeing, all of this has started since yesterdays update. Our ticket queue is pretty large right now with this exact error and we're getting through it as best we can folks :)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You should use your work email, you'd get the badge on the forums. ;)

3. I'll work on that :p

Just wanted to jump in here and let our SS folks know we're not ignoring them! I'll be testing a few things since there was a new hotfix pushed to the main Rust branch a few hours ago. If we're lucky this will solve our problems.

Rust ยท AppID: 252490

4. I have not had any complaints so far about the xp, my server is set to x10 xp so i dont think that will be an issue. i've just noticed more bugs within the game since this started happening.

Does anyone else have an issue while updating signs? it seems that anyone who tries to update his/her signs they get disconnected. tried it myself and does the same thing to me, would it having anything to do with Sign Artist plugin?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  5. Just to throw my name it the hat, I'm also with SS and receiving the following errors. Did a full wipe yesterday, same issue.
    Exception: sql error: database is locked
    Exception: sql error: disk I/O error

6. With Survival Servers as well, though the message is beyond annoying in RustAdmin control panel I don't seem to be having any issues with the server in any way. Also I am able to add and remove files via FTP no problem. Good luck on figuring out the issue pDai1y.

7. There might be an issue after a server restart.
    Might also be a permission issue or something more complicated, pretty sure that error is coming straight from the database driver ;)

8. hey im with survival servers as well. ive been getting these two: Exception: sql error: database is locked
    Exception: sql error: disk I/O error like spammed in my console and my server fps is taking a shit when this is getting spammed whats the isssue

9. I've been testing some things with the latest hotfix that went out about 5ish hours ago. Try updating and validating your game server via the Rust update dropdown. The servers that had this issue I've updated, tested everything out, and have been up for a few hours now at this point with no more errors.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1472241579][/DOUBLEPOST]
    this is the last msg i got from survival servers

10. i got the exact same message

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  11. I've reached back out to the two of you via the open tickets regarding this :)

12. With survival, it is now roughly 10 hours since that small patch was pushed, just had the I/O error present itself again, just tried changing the read/write permission on the .db's and crossing fingers lol

13. its all ok for me so far had one of the team from survival servers take control of my server and had no problems so far :)

14. I have ran the update/validate via Survival Servers panel, everything seems to be working for the past half hour now

15. I've noticed it will run fine for a few hours, eventually the .db will block or i don't know what and that's when the I/O errors appear, but its only after 6+ hours uptime.

16. (03:22:03) | Exception: sql error: disk I/O error

yep that fix worked lol NOT

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  17. it seemed to be fixed until around 5 hours or so i started getting this:

(01:43:52) | Exception: sql error: database is locked

18. I feel like it has something todo with the save interval, bumping it upto every 10mins, instead of default 60secs, had my server last 8hours~ rather than the previous 3hours-4hours before having the SQL disk I/O error.

19. funny you should say this but i was also wondering about the save interval ......i take it the fix didnt work for all of us that are with survival servers

20. Im still getting the error this morning too. The server was fine a few hours before spamming the error message again..

Connecting to server
    Success