1. So this has been happening for a few days, since before the Rust update.

I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, but after my server has been up for a while I get this error:

'Exception: sql error: disk I/O error'

Players are reporting that sleeping bags, furnaces and maps aren't working when this happens.

Any ideas?

2. Is the partition full?

3. Not as far as I know. It's on a dedicated host so I have to use FTP.

4. If you are on a dedicated box use remote desktop to login to the box to check as a number of things can cause that error

5. The error is caused when Rust can't write to the disk.
    Try copying a random ~1MB file to your server and see if FTP shows an error. If it does, then it's likely that the partition is full or something hardware wise is broken.

6. Make sure it has write permission if it has only started to do this then it might have got the permission all along so you can rule that out, but if this problem has always been there then give it write permission

7. This is a new problem, it just started happening.

I can transfer things to and from FTP no problem.

8. Is anyone else reporting this exact issue?

9. Exception: sql error: disk I/O error thats the one im getting and it keeps crashing my server please someone figure this one out

10. Lynchy you wouldn't happen to be using SurvivalServers.com as your host, would you?

11. lol yes im with ss
    [DOUBLEPOST=1472223932][/DOUBLEPOST]iv also done a few tickets about the problem i was told it was something to do with xp db so i removed it ..then i did a full wipe also removed plugins and i still got the same error ...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1472224234][/DOUBLEPOST]
    what have they told you to do plus starting to get angry iv just started to get players back and now this

12. Damn. They're fucked up. I think their SSD drives are going bad. Disgusted right now

13. i was also thinking that plus every time they have replayed to my ticket its something else ....its not plugins plus all db files have been removed and reinstalled

how many tickets you done plus im about to do another one lol not get a reply till tonight tho and it will be more bullshit

14. I've only done one and replied to it. I'm gonna make more soon and raise hell with them. This is BS. If they don't get this fixed by sept 1st i'm moving.

15. have you also checked your server location in rust-servers.net mine is french but noticed its now showing as usa since last night lol

16. Can anyone help with this error message? Thank you

Exception: sql error: database is locked
    Exception: sql error: disk I/O error

I am also with Survival Servers, I use rusty console and it spams those messages and freezes after a while. I also noticed when playing that i no longer have access to my sleeping bags or bed..
    when i die it doesn't say from what.

My server is still up and running, and players seem to be able to play fine but im getting weird time outs and disconnection. one example is a player what trying to update his signs and it crashes his game.

Hope there is a fix or anything i can do. Restarting the server only fixes the issue for 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  17. Best suggestion I can give to you guys is to get nasty with SS. Threaten to leave, get mean. Otherwise they'll just keep ignoring it. Unless their income is threatened, I doubt they're going to give a shit.

18. mmm no one from a different host lol

19. We are investigating this folks, I have a nice list of all the servers that are having these problems which are spread across the world and none of them are showing any type of hardware issues/low space. Trust me, I want this fixed as much as you guys do :)

20. have you also had players say there xp is not right ..and then after restating there xp is back to normal we all need to keep pestering survival servers iv just done another ticket ..so fed up with this ...this is how servers die