Build

Build, spawn, plant, upgrade, deploy anything the way that you want it.

Total Downloads: 21,173 - First Release: Nov 8, 2014 - Last Update: Jul 26, 2018

4.9/5, 50 likes
  1. This does not. You have to practice with it so you can get a feel for how the items will be placed.

I use a crosshair plugin that really helps with this plugin quite a bit when it comes to placing items. You will be orientated with the front of the item ahead of you so if you know which way you want the item to face and you know exactly where you want it positioned on the foundation or on the ground, then you will be able to be fairly precise in your placement.

My sever is RustPVE - A Friendly PVE Server - feel free to hop on and check out the town I have with several items I placed with the build tool. With practice you'll get good at it.

Tater

2. ok this is driving me nutz, I am trying to deploy a recycler in my town and every post points to this (/deploy recycler_static.prefab ) and i get this error message ( Invalid Arguement 1: For more informations say:/buildhelp deployables.)
    Nothing there helps me.
    I know people deploy them i have seen them in admin built towns. But how...

3. You need to acquire a current prefab list. A user named "I Am Groot" posted one a few posts back. You then look on the prefab list for the numbered item you want to place. In this case you want the recycler, which is #105. So what you do is type /plant 105 and you will see the build tool open up on top of your screen. Generally, the front of the item will be away from you, so it's as if you are standing behind the item, keep that in mind when you're placing it. Also, remember that you have to be careful with this plugin. Make sure you consciously click your right mouse button one time and do not hold the mouse button down, if you hold the mouse button down it will place multiple instances of the item and you will have to remove them all. It can be a pain. Depending on what it is you're placing, multiple instances can cripple your server.

What I find to be really helpful is to use a crosshair plugin to better assist with alignment since you don't have an image to use that will show you exactly where it will be. You might want to practice somewhere else on the map to help you get familiar with how items are placed.

What if you place it incorrectly? I always use the /erase command as a last resort. It will literally remove anything in the line of sight, potentially things you don't want removed. You can even remove yourself if you click on your foot. Try using the R-Remove tool and type /remove admin. It is much safer if you're working in a confined area with buildings or other deployables.

Hope this helps. This is an awesome tool and it has been invaluable in the customization of my server, but it can give you some headaches if you aren't familiar with certain nuances that come along with it.

Rob, aka Tater
    Server: RUSTPVE - A Friendly PVE Server

4. Thank you so much. just to let you know the numbers are off now, 105 is pump jack and 106 is recycler.
    Yes i have ummmm multi spawned a few animals by mistake amazing how several hundred chickens can bog a server down. lol
    I now have deforested a small area by mistake. they are respawning but still......

Thanks again.

5. Is there a way to have the items that have been spawned, stay in between map wipes, i'd like to not have to keep spawning recyclers at all the monuments on hapis

6. Another question.
    I am trying to put ladders, signs and paintings on walls using /plant, problem is when the item is there it is backwards.
    Cant climb ladders and cant see sign pictures.
    I tried from inside the wall but no good.
    I tried /buildrotate and /buildrotate 90 and neither work.
    Any thoughts ?
    Would be nice to have items facing you by default so you arn't trying to place them from inside walls/rocks and buildings.

7. For your plugin. Could you please tell me where would I get the List for your /plant <#> item, and numbers list. I just get bits and pieces from other admins or players. Is there somewhere i could go and make a copy.

8. + How do we remove parachutes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486135164][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Here you go, you could also use: PrefabSniffer for Rust | Oxide

Attached Files:

9. how to plant crystals objects? what is number?

10. Not possible, they have no Entity anymore...

11. Calling 'OnServerInitialized' on 'Build v1.1.7' took 55483ms
    Noticing server start up stalls for a long time, all other plugins initialize almost instantly except Build. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

12. @Reneb
    Is there a way that we can re-place planted items after a wipe? I've added additional recyclers on my hapis map, but they disapear every map wipe?

13. A good way to do this would be adding CopyPaste: Copy-Paste for Rust | Oxide
    Place each recycler where you want it, face it then type /copy recycler1. It gets stored inside your data folder with its original location coordinates.
    After wipe all you'd have to type is /placeback recycler1. Hope this helps you.

14. Did not know I could do that! I do use copy/paste so i'll definitely get on this for sure!

15. This Plugin is really awesome and it makes a lot of fun to build cool buildings with this!
    But, is there a way to add a function that let /plant ID for a specific time. Maybe 0 = unlimit and 1-x in sec?

I make with this plugin arenas for eventmanager and i want to plant fire prefabs. But they disappear after a short time ^^

16. Is there somewhere i can get a full list of the resources from the /buildhelp resources command, it cuts off at 221 and continues from that number up
    thanks for the hard work!

17. Literally 8 posts above yours.. ^^

18. How about u can place the item u hold in your hand with commands?

19. can you build a floating foundation or ceiling in the sky with this?