Backpacks

Moved

Total Downloads: 15,963 - First Release: Oct 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 6, 2018

5/5, 49 likes
  1. So far works good, the visual is a bit glitch, but I think i'm going to turn it back off anyways. But just so you know, when you teleport, it disappears until you open the backpack. It came back for me. and sometimes people cant see it, then they can. I use prevent looting plugin and that seems to work for not looting the backpack just fine. blueprints work fine going in and out of the backpack.

Have you been able to replicate a bug that happens sometimes where out of randomness trying opening the backpack, it will say someones already has access to it or whatever it says?(just to make this more clearer it usually happens when they open the backpack while in another loot inventory like a loot box) Players cant open it after that until they kill theirselves. That seems to fix that, but also, whatever they place into their backpack is gone right after they reopen it. like it never saved ?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  2. You are the binding button, and he is the console command. When you press 2 times, that is, the backpack has been opened, and then press the key to open the backpack, you will receive this error prompt

3. Im very new to rust and plugins in general and Ive really wanted to use this plugin. It shows as loaded correctly in my console but ive tried
    Grant group default backpacks.use in my console and nothing. What am I doing wrong? I have about 8 other plugins installed and are working flawlessly but this one I havent been able to get to work.

Attached Files:

4. I know how it works. Of course it will tell me that's its already open.

That's not the problem, did ya read the whole message or just parts. Anyways, thanks for stating the obvious.

5. i can still see bp when i aim at the bottom still good progress though. Thank you.

6. use these:

oxide.grant group default backpacks.use or
    o.grant group default backpacks.use
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509484690][/DOUBLEPOST]
    aiming at the bottom of what ? the ground ? you see the backpack when you look down ?

7. Thank YOU! :)

8. you can do so that after the death of the player dropped an ordinary backpack that also disappears if the empty?

9. yes i see bp when i look at the ground

10. its just the visual then, no harm for it to do that. That visual is pretty big. lol

11. Thank you so much for this update just in time for the wipes this week. :) No more "shit did I put that Blueprint in my backpack..." moments.

12. Make sure you have the most recent Oxide version. A lot of plugins will not function when you have an out of date oxide. I check once a day for updates to Oxide and a few times a day for the first few days if the patch is big (like the last two have been).
    make sure you have done these grants:
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.use
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.use.large
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.admin

that will allow admin to use backpacks, give them the large one and allow them to issue admin commands.

For other folks use default to grant access and pick a size small, medium or large. I think small maps to medium in the current code looking at line 57.
    oxide.grant group default backpacks.use
    oxide.grant group default backpacks.use.large

Some servers only allow VIP access to backpacks, I like servers that give it to default, and the larger the better. ;-)

13. Thank you for the update!

Also, I have a suggestion: When people die and erase on death is false, the backpacks are laying all over the map, on doorsteps etc and it is not possible to get rid of them. Instead of having drop on death and erase on death - which is some kind of confusing - wouldn't it be better to give a dead players backpack a filename like playerID-deadnr.json?

Deadnr in case they die several times.

And then just give a timer before the dead persons backpack is deleted from the map.

Then the config instead of Drop on Death and Erase on Death could just have a simple timer option like

DeleteOnDeath=xxseconds

If timer is not possibe, is it possible to give the filename on a dead persons backpack so it can be deleted manually?

14. change skin Backpack which on earth after death, do the same as on the back
    Instead of a small stash to do as well as on the official server, when killed drops with you a backpack with all things, it will be great
    Just a small stash is not lost, ships are very much server

15. 123456 sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  16. ive granted myself permission to use the back pack; however when I type in /backpack it says "unknown command:backpack"

17. Same problem here. Removing mod and finding a different one.

18. That is because /backpack isn't a command. What you want to do is to open your F1 console and type bind b backpack.open. Then writecfg to save it and after that in game just press key B to open your backpack.

Works like a charm.

19. Is there a way to reset backpacks? I reset seed and server today, yet my backpack still has stuff from before. I do not want some people to start fresh with rocket launchers and such (we had a pre wipe day party). I uninstalled/reinstalled backpack plug in and it still has items in backpack

20. Just empty the folder oxide/data/Backpacks (which has one file for each user)